Routemaster Bus resin Wheels

richellis

Routemaster Resin Wheel conversion

DSC03835.JPG

The Revell kit of the London Routemaster bus has been a very popular kit, but to my mind there aren't enough aftermarket parts and decals for this kit, bar some etched detail sets.

Now FG Models have come to the aid of modellers who want to do a later refurbished and modernised Routemaster model.

The Routemaster went through various up-grades and modernisation programs during its service life. Revell have supplied the kit with parts to build an early or later bus with the different engines and other parts.

DSC03836.JPG

Part of the later modernisation program saw some buses having the original split rim wheels replaced with more modern wheels. The Revell kit is cast so the bus can only be done with the early split rims, with the centre kick rims in place.

This set from FG Models contains 6 parts cast in a pale grey resin and is enough to do the front axle on one bus.

DSC03837.JPG

The level of detail on the parts is very good. The inner wheel and hub look similar to the Revell part, and all the detail is on the outer wheel. The vent holes around the rim are all open and the wheel nuts look like you could crack them off with a scale wheel brace!

Conclusion

A great set from FG Models to allow you to do a Routemaster later in its service life, or one that has lost its cosmetic centre cap.

Recommended!

FG models have asked me to point you towards there E-bay site but asked me to mention their parts can be brought through other avenues such as Hobbyeasy.com, hlj.com, Mediamixhobby.com.sg

please mention Britmodeller when buying through FG models E-bay shop

Review sample from

FG-3D-MAIN-LOGO-1.jpg

Having made one in a "nostalgic" sceme from my schoolboy teenhood days, I've been looking at making another as one of the restored guys that ride around my way in the summer months.

But have stumbled when it comes to the modern "One Piece" Rims.

No excuses now though. :)