I've got the blues

Rhino

Hi All

At Telford this year I had the idea of doing some themed builds. The first theme I could come up with was doing some blue Phantoms.

These are the ones I have built so far. There are more that could be done, like a Blue Angels F-4J and some Japanese models, but these will do for now.

I have a couple of overall shots first.

Blue001.jpg

Blue002.jpg

The first one is the 92 Squadron blue aircraft from 1991. This aircraft is now resident at the Tangmere museum.

Blue20.jpg

Blue021.jpg

The second one is Vandy 6, an F-4J from VX-4 in an experimental colour scheme.

Blue22.jpg

Blue23.jpg

The next one is the F-4S in the 75th anniversary markings of the US Naval Aviation, known as Vandy 75, also from VX-4

Blue24.jpg

Blue25.jpg

Next is the FGR.2 from 19 Squadron. This is the airframe that was donated to the Czech Air Force and is in a museum there.

Blue27.jpgBlue27.jpg

Finally is the F-4F from JG-71 which celebrated the 50th anniversary ofthe Phantom, and the 35th Anniversary of the F-4F.

Blue28.jpg

Blue29.jpg

I hope you enjoy the pictures, and thank you for looking.

Ted

• Like 1

Ted, you're doing a group build all by yourselves!

How about that, a group build of group builds :-)

No seriously, a original collection, and nicely built..

vandy 75 is my longtime favorite, resembling the colour of late war hellcats and corsairs..

Cheers

Nice collection, an observation though when the 19 and 92 Squadron jets turned up at a photocall I attended they were both the same shade of blue , I don`t know if more than one jet per unit was painted blue but on that day they were both the same blue.

Tony

Hi All

Thanks for the comments

Nice collection, an observation though when the 19 and 92 Squadron jets turned up at a photocall I attended they were both the same shade of blue , I don`t know if more than one jet per unit was painted blue but on that day they were both the same blue.

Tony

Tony. I do agree that seeing them at the same time they were the same shade of blue, and my original plan was to go with that. Looking through photos I took, and elsewhere, it seemed the 92 Squadron aircraft did weather down to a lighter colour, so I decided to add a bit of interest by using a slightly lighter shade, and saying that the 19 Squadron frame was fresh, and the 92 Squadron bird about a year later. I hope you don't mind me doing that.

Ted