Vampire NF10 v T11 differences

Dave Fleming

• 3 years later...

If you go to my site IPMS UK Canberra SIG I have photos of what I believe is the same seat, it's on the third page in the "Canberra Ejection Seats" album http://ipmscanberrasig.webs.com/apps/photos/?&pagesize=36&page=1

John

The T.4 non ejector seat right? Makes sense...

Thanks, and great archive by the way!

Edited by ironbird

• 10 months later...

I have the airmodel vampire nf10 conversion just with the fuesalage and canopy. wondering if you were to.purchase the pavla vampire T11 cockpit set and vampire mk 1 seat x2 would I be able to make this fit the new fuesalage pod. also how much taller is the horizontal tail fin and which kit heller or frog would be better to convert with? 😁

14 hours ago, TOPGUN88 said:

does anyone know if the warpaint vampire book has any 1/72 plans of the vampire NF series? 

25 minutes ago, shatters said:

It shows a port side profile and a front view claiming to apply to both NF10 and T11. 

Phil

Beware that the Warpaint plans aren't, by any stretch, accurate. The wing position is wrong and the details have been distorted to fit the overall dimensions, more or less. It is pretty decent for colour schemes and general information though. The Airfix T.11 is about as accurate as it can be AFAIK.

@canberra kid Thanks for the scans. I may dig out my stalled Vampire T.11 rebuild sooner than I expected.

• Like 1

ah thanks guys. it was just to find out the proper sharpe of the tail. would anyone that has the book please be able to send me a scan of the NF10 and FB5 (if it has any 1/72 profiles of the FB5) as I would like to compare the differences. :)

Just one point. Reading through this thread, it appears to me that everybody seems to be considering how the T11 was modified into the NF 10, where in  actual fact the T11 was a modified  NF 10. The NF 10 came first!

Selwyn

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Selwyn said:

Just one point. Reading through this thread, it appears to me that everybody seems to be considering how the T11 was modified into the NF 10, where in  actual fact the T11 was a modified  NF 10. The NF 10 came first!

Selwyn

The point being people want to know what needs to be done to modify the available kit (the T.11), back to the earlier version (the NF.10), for which there isn't an available kit.  Reading back through this thread that's my interpretation of it.

I don't think anyone is under the illusion the T.11 came first.

Good news about the possibility of an Alleycat NF.10 and early T.11, I'll have one of each please!

Edited by Wez
Spelling and grammar
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Wez said:

The point being people want to know what needs to be done to modify the available kit (the T.11), back to the earlier version (the NF.10), for which there isn't an available kit.  Reading back through this thread that's my interpretation of it.

I don't think anyone is under the illusion the T.11 came first.

Good news about the possibility of an Alleycat NF.10 and early T.11, I'll have one of each please!

Yup, and my conclusion was "whole new nose, if not whole new pod" be interesting to see what Alleycat do. The early T11 is interesting as well, as they were the ones that got camouflage 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

Yup, and my conclusion was "whole new nose, if not whole new pod" be interesting to see what Alleycat do. The early T11 is interesting as well, as they were the ones that got camouflage 

Absolutely agree, definitely want to do a camouflaged T.11

was able to find an old magazine on the auction place that shall not be mentioned that has a section on the NF10 that just happens to have a 1/72 scale plan too as it deals with the airmodel convertion and frog kit. modelworld vol 1 no.4 december 1972 

Edited by TOPGUN88
  • Like 1