1/72 Fairey Gannet

This is the Revell kit and I used the Eduard aftermarket set. I had trouble getting the canopies to fit. All comments welcome please, including tips on how to improve the photos! Thanks for looking.

It looks like you may have the front 2 canopies the wrong way around. The middle one has a squared off front end that should match with the windscreen shape, the other is more rounded. It might be worth seeing if you get a better fit if you can swap them over.

• Like 1

Well done, I think the post above from dad's lad might be a clue to the ill fitting canopies but I had the same problem with the Trumpeter kit, even after shaving the lower edges. So I dropped them back into place, closed. Nice to see you got the nose wheels painted red and green but Revell missed the detail of the cover plates, plus a point to all Gennet modellers is that the flaps were never deployed when on the ground excepting during maintenace whilst the cabs were in the shed and jacked up and we cycled the flaps and undercarriage. So guys stow them, please.

A little less weathering as Navy cabs are always kept in the best of condition. Otherwise great model and welcome, thanks for posting your pics, you may have just spurred me into making my second Gannet.

Colin

Nice job - I posed the flaps down on mine, too, as it adds some extra detail and "life" to the model. The flaps are a distinguishing feature of the aircraft, so it's nice to show them off. I know from experience that they're not easy to get aligned and in the proper orientation to each other. You've done a good job with that!

How did you find the Eduard PE bits? I bought the Big Ed set and used all of them except for the flap actuators. I tried to make them work but I didn't think they would support the flaps. They sure looked great, though, I wish I had been able to use them but they were the fiddliest of fiddly!

Cheers,

Bill