AZmodel/Legato/Admiral WWII aircraft - comments, questions and wishes

CzechKits.com

One thing I think is obvious is the lack of really good, relatively cheap late Bf109's (in 1/72). The Fine Molds kits are really nice but at around £20 ish for a kit, not too many will buy them (except me, as I have a few of them!). If AZ could do high quality kits of these for about £12-13, that would please a lot of people.

For the Bf109F, there is only the reasonable Zvezda Bf109F-2 and the excellent but expensive Fine Molds Bf109F-2 and F-4. A good kit of each of these with several marking options in each and options for trop and normal versions in each box would be great news.

The only really good G series in Fine Molds, again expensive but they do the G-2. G-4, G-6 and G-10. The Academy and Hasegawa kits are nice to build but not the most accurate and the less said about the Italeri and Airfix efforts the better! How about a series of Bf109G's but throw in the options to do things like the G-5 and a lot of variety with weapon fits and markings, no one does a kit (as for as I know) with granaten werfers and markings for a plane that actually used them!. What about a 2 seat G-12 as well?

Also, the Fw190 is a big opportunity. The best kit for the A/F is the Hasegawa one which is getting very expensive and whilst it's a good kit, it's not a great kit. Do what Eduard have done with the 1/48 Fw190 - lots of different versions with many marking and weapon choices. We're also lacking a good Fw190G and the only D manufacturers make is the D-9 - how about a D-11 and D-13 for example?

thanks

Mike

I am a big fan of the Grumman Wildcat, so I'm very excited about AZ's new F4F-3, F4F-3P, and Martlet III kits. Along with AZ's previous Martlet I, they are the only good fixed-wing Wildcats ever done in 1/72. AZ's FM-2 kits are likewise by far the best kits of that very important late variant.

I hope AZ will complete the Wildcat "family" with the Cyclone-engined Martlet IV (F4F-4B), the only basic airframe version not yet done in 1/72. I'd also like to see the FM-2 done as a Wildcat VI with British markings.

In general, I think there is a strong niche for smaller kit manufacturers in doing lesser-known variants of other well-known aircraft, similar to this family of Wildcats.

Edited by MDriskill

I hope AZ will complete the Wildcat "family" with the Cyclone-engined Martlet IV (F4F-4B), the only basic airframe version not yet done in 1/72. I'd also like to see the FM-2 done as a Wildcat VI with British markings.

What, like this one? They make it a bit tricky by calling it a Martlet VI rather than a Wildcat VI as it should be. They're getting a bit harder to find but as by this ad they're still about.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear friends, I will try to answer in turn.

To: Paul. Master is a completely redesigned model from Paul. Really successful, it is something to look forward to

For: Mistefriend.

Yes F4F-3 Early will with colorful camo before the war.

The sale will be sometime in 2Q/2013.

To: Don McItyre. Decals Spitfire IX Czechoslovak pilots will even 1/48. Already prepares everything in print.

Everything will be the same as the decals and camo to Model 1/72.

For: MDriskill. Yes, Steve is right. The model was on sale. But the moldings were made ​​by Sword. Today they are in a bad quality and considering the new model FM-2 and Martlet Mk.VI.

F4F-4 and F4F-4 will be phased according to time as well.

Pro.Admiral Puff: Never say never. For models AZ 1/48 are now working to expand production - capacity and try a little modified-improved short-run technology.

To complete the exam and prepare production, so it will start.

This is our New Year's resolutions-wishes.

I wish you and the whole team AZmodel Happy New Year and many beautiful models.

Apology for English.

Best regards

• Like 1

Petr, we are eagerly awaiting J-22 Orao!!! The best thing to do would be to cover those types which you already announced first.

You did the very best Breda 65 but never released the version with turret. Then CANT Z.1018 Leone was announced, as well as Caproni AP.1, Spanish Fokker C.X and Aero A.304. This is what market needs and not the 13th incarnation of Spitfire (Spitfire lovers, please don't decapitate me).

And most of all, PLEASE DO THE ORAO!!! :)

No intention of decapitating you, but just disagree with your use of "market". Your list is what enthusiasts want/need - or at least some enthusiasts. Other enthusiasts (such as me) want other things. The market doesn't "need" anything, but buys Spitfires in large numbers. I'm an enthusiast and a Spitfire-lover, but even so I'm feeling saturated with the flood of recent Spitfires. For any subject, the question is "will it sell in significant numbers"?

What, like this one? They make it a bit tricky by calling it a Martlet VI rather than a Wildcat VI as it should be. They're getting a bit harder to find but as by this ad they're still about.

Steve.

The Wildcat VI (six) is indeed very nicely covered by AZ, as your link shows. However my first post was not concerned with that variant, but the Martlet IV (four). Also known as the F4F-4B to the US Navy, this is a significantly different machine from any other variant now kitted.

I don't know what the sales potential of the Martlet IV would be, but was simply pointing out is seems logical for the company that has recently brought us the best 1/72 kits of the G-36A / Martlet I, F4F-3, F4F-3A / Martlet III, and FM-2 / Martlet VI ever offered, to add it. Together with the excellent F4F-4, Martlet II, and FM-1 / Martlet V kits from Hasegawa, the complete "family" of major Wildcat service variants would then available as accurate, nicely detailed 1/72 kits.

Edited by MDriskill

No intention of decapitating you, but just disagree with your use of "market". Your list is what enthusiasts want/need - or at least some enthusiasts. Other enthusiasts (such as me) want other things. The market doesn't "need" anything, but buys Spitfires in large numbers. I'm an enthusiast and a Spitfire-lover, but even so I'm feeling saturated with the flood of recent Spitfires. For any subject, the question is "will it sell in significant numbers"?

I understand your point, but what I mean is that if "market" wants a Spitfire, there is plenty to choose from. On the other hand if "market" wants Breda 65 with turret, there are none. And don't forget that you and me are also part of that market and our saturation with Spitfires is not present only by us.

Edited by MarkoZG

Hello Peter.

So my very personal wish is an Early Skyraider. There are a number of versions that can't be easily built from the AH-1/AD-6 version that most manufacturers offer. It also offers a lot of different options, like the French or Fleet Air Arm.

I can't believe I'm going to suggest this but if there is one area where the market is very thin is 1/72 Soviet Aircraft from WWII. Almost all of the kits are from old molds or not available (with a few exceptions.) There are tons of options here and detailed kits would (I think) be a good seller.

• Like 1

As I mentioned in another thread, I think the joy packs would be even more desirable to those with big collections of aftermarket decals, if the joy packs came with a stencil decal sheet for each aircraft. With aftermarket decals, it is normally assumed you use the kit's stencils, or maybe they include one set of stencils for 4 or more marking options.

I can't believe I'm going to suggest this but if there is one area where the market is very thin is 1/72 Soviet Aircraft from WWII. Almost all of the kits are from old molds or not available (with a few exceptions.) There are tons of options here and detailed kits would (I think) be a good seller.

You know he's right, Petr! Good choices would be Polikarpov I-16 type 5, Yak-1b, Yak-9, just to get you started...

John

• Like 2

For :Neu and John:

Well, we do not consider early Skyraider.

Russian aircraft .. it is better. Here we have some plans.

Unfortunately, while our production capacity is fully flooded, so everything will be planned later. Model Yakovlev-1B, we left the company FLY.

Yet I tell you that we are now working on the cover version of the Spitfire Mk.IX "in Russia"(HQT), upgrade kit for Spitfire UTI Mk.IX (HQT) and Spitfire Mk.VB "The Red Star" (SR).

We must now finish the unfinished models from our catalog. Already'm preparing forms for Fiat CR-32 (HQT), Airsped Oxford (new SR), Kawasaki Ki-102 (SR), Boeing P-26 (new SR) and recently also contribute to renew-line models "Luftwaffe 46". We are ready for the first form of this edition and the Gotha Model P-60C-1 ( new SR) and Gotha P-60G-1(new SR). Everything is of course 1/72.

Tags for technology are:

HQT .. metal mold form

SR .. short run

new SR ... Improved technology short run, the first use of our new model Fairchild F.24/UC-61

I hope you all enjoy this ..

Best regards

Petr AZ

A decent Focke Wulf Ta 152C that actually fitted together without having to use a crowbar (Dragon, I'm looking at you!) would be welcome in some quarters.

I'd personally love a Blohm und Voss P.211A - the one with the low mounted swept wings. Unicraft have one threatened but I'm unwilling to pay Hannants level CMR prices for badly cast ill shapen resin lumps that make cinder toffee look like a better medium for casting,