AZmodel/Legato/Admiral WWII aircraft - comments, questions and wishes

CzechKits.com

That's a nice subject but a bit early for a good comparison.  You need something more like the Tempest Mk.I or a Sabre Fury, though I suspect both would have beaten the MB5 into production.  Perhaps an Eagle Wyvern?

I've already got a Tempest Mk.I conversion, but I'd buy a Sabre Fury.  OK, that's 1 sale.  An Eagle Wyvern is too much to hope for, though there is one at Yeovilton for a guide.

• Like 2

I've got Tempest IIs:  Special Hobby and even Matchbox.   I was thinking of those prototypes comparable to the MB5 that equally didn't see service, as with the Mustang X that kicked off the idea.  Spitfire Mk.III?  Spitfire F Mk.IV?   Tornado?  Heston Racer?  Plenty of British metalware without going into the paperware.

Not trying to change the subject, just a couple of non-related things.

I notice the company with the red boxes is to produce the Me 262. I wonder if this will affect the AZ release at all?

I hope not. Everyone likes different things, different approaches to a subject. 

Then my other quick question; will the LVG VI be available in Polish markings? E.g. Vera' with her big eye, if you know what I mean.

I can't find an uncopyrighted picture. Stunning colour schemes.

All best regards

TonyT 

Me 262 - we have this info for some time. We are taking the decision right now.

LVG in Polish markings will be released by ARDPOL Poland, we made the agreement, that these markings will be released by them. What we are planing is the box with big decal sheet, including lozenge fabric and four camouflage schemes.

• Like 3

Hello Jan,

Thank you for this information. Lozenge decals is a bonus. The thing is that for anyone that wants an injection LVG VI, we will sort out decals.

Its one of those aircraft with many options.

Regarding the 262. I personally have felt quite bad about what I say regarding recent Airfix and Italeri kits.

It's a personal preference thing.

I know others will yawn, but it's to do with panel lines.

Lets face it, Airfix have made them both too deep, too wide and in some cases (the rather loved Hurricane), spurious.

I would never pre-judge. I don't know how yours or Airfix's 262 is tooled.

I probably fly in the face of popular opinion in that I would trust AZ to produce a more subtle, scale surface for a 262 than Airfix.

I know I'm 'weeing in the wind' but for all I love of Airfix, the panel lines drive me nuts.

The AZ Hurricane, with an AM canopy (Falcon fits). Well, at extended risk of lynching, it honestly looks more like the real thing.

This modelling opinion lark can be stressful :confused: .

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Procopius said:

@Jan Polc, is it possible to purchase the clear parts from the KP MiG-23 kits? I have two of the RV kit with the older clear parts and would like to replace them.

... and I'd like to ask the same thing for the new clear parts AZ have tooled to fit the Valom Hampden kit?

Cheers,

Stew

On the website modelarovo.cz is a short overview of Messerschmitt Me 1106B by AZ model. The first three boxes are practically sold out in our stock. We are working on the new batch of the boxes.

http://www.modelarovo.cz/nemecky-projekt-me-1106-jiz-v-prodeji/

On ‎16‎.‎9‎.‎2016 at 9:33 AM, Jan Polc said:

I think that it is not a secret, that our Mk. Vc is from this Monday at our mould maker, estimated landing time is November 2016...... :-)

Hello Jan, I´m just checking the Spitfire Vc status!? The MTO GB ends at Christmas and November has 30 days in it... Regards, V-P

Spitfire Vc update - as we had to replace some parts in our LVG C. VI, using CAD/CAM ones to achieve the best quality, we had to slow down with Spitfire a little. Not so much, but. This cause also some collision with Martin Baker MB-5, which has the priority No. 1, thanks to Telford. Christmas is still possible term, but I expect the new Vc variant in January. 

Another time schedule change in our production plan is coming, thanks to some Airfix announcements.....

• Like 1

Well,

I checked the AZ site today and there are still some of the MTO Spitfire Mk IX.

http://www.azmodel.cz/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=603

I wonder, is it the same as the KP site in terms of ordering? 

I'm not great at navigating things, but on the KP site is 'how to buy' and there are thresholds whereby postage becomes free :) .

I wonder is it the same for the AZ site?

If so my recent query for Martin Baker etc will be amended to include a couple more :) .

Christmas is on its way :santa: !

ATB

TonyT

Tony Tiger - Well, as we still do not run our own e-shop, under preparation...., ETA December, you have to send us e-mail with your wish. Not so complicated....

1) choose the kit (kits)

2) send the e-mail to [email protected] (where I am sitting daily.... :-( ) or [email protected] to my colleague Petr Safra. Both e-mails are equal.

3) we will inform you about availability and cost in return, it takes minutes usually. Bad moment - you have to pay - you can use PayPal or banking transfer.

At the moment payment is received, we ship the goods. Usually the same day or the next day, not later.

ORDERS OVER 30EUR ARE SHIPMENT FREE. ALL THE ABOVE IS VALID FOR AZ AND KP. ALSO THE KITS CAN BE MIX OF AZ AND KP.

I hope that this my instructions are clear. :-)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Spitfire Vc update - as we had to replace some parts in our LVG C. VI, using CAD/CAM ones to achieve the best quality, we had to slow down with Spitfire a little. Not so much, but. This cause also some collision with Martin Baker MB-5, which has the priority No. 1, thanks to Telford. Christmas is still possible term, but I expect the new Vc variant in January. 

Another time schedule change in our production plan is coming, thanks to some Airfix announcements.....

I hope some time later you will produce 'alternative parts' to make Spitfire Xll.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

Tony Tiger - Well, as we still do not run our own e-shop, under preparation...., ETA December, you have to send us e-mail with your wish. Not so complicated....

1) choose the kit (kits)

2) send the e-mail to [email protected] (where I am sitting daily.... :-( ) or [email protected] to my colleague Petr Safra. Both e-mails are equal.

3) we will inform you about availability and cost in return, it takes minutes usually. Bad moment - you have to pay - you can use PayPal or banking transfer.

At the moment payment is received, we ship the goods. Usually the same day or the next day, not later.

ORDERS OVER 30EUR ARE SHIPMENT FREE. ALL THE ABOVE IS VALID FOR AZ AND KP. ALSO THE KITS CAN BE MIX OF AZ AND KP.

I hope that this my instructions are clear. :-)

Thanks Jan,

I sent an email to [email protected] earlier.

I will send another version with a couple more models added, also to [email protected]

All the best

TonyT

2 minutes ago, The Wooksta! said:

I'd imagine, given previous AZ Spitfire kits - such as the two seaters - we'd get a spare fuselage for the Griffon option.

Good afternoon

I think that a Spit Mk XII would be a great idea ...

Patrice

Spitfire XII? Not in the plan. We think there is a lot of Spitfires on the market right now. So we will finish our I/II/V line, including Seafires coming from these and then we will interrupt with Spitfires for a while. More probable is Seafang.... Or Hurricane.

If done correctly, you could get both variants of Spiteful and Seafang out of one set of fuselage moulds (optional lower engine cowling and rudder), and two wing moulds (scribed for Seafang folding wing and unscribed for Spiteful).

Going back to the mk XII, it wouldn't have to be a complete kit.  Just a single sprue for the fuselage halves, 4 blade prop and exhausts, tailwheel plus doors.  Everything  else is in the Vc kit that you've announced.

There isn't a mk XII available in 72nd, other than the rather pricey CMR kit.  The Xtrakit one is long gone, whilst ye olde Model News and Merlin kits were unbuildable abortions. No conversions currently available either.  You may wish to rethink the decision not to go with one, given the current gap in the market.

• Like 3