AZmodel/Legato/Admiral WWII aircraft - comments, questions and wishes

CzechKits.com

one more new info for today - we just have got the first shots of our new Messerschmitt Me 1106B -

1106sprue.jpg

and the high altitude fighter Messerschmitt Bf 109H -

109H-sprue.jpg

• Like 2

So, the new Hampden is a mix of Valom plastics, moulds were cleaned to ensure sharpness of details, AZ transparencies, new instructions and new camouflage schemes, I think interesting ones. What is also new is the price, which will be much more lower than the original kit. What I like personally is the boxart done by Zdenek Macxhacek. Please do not look at color shades, it is out absolutely thanks to PC conversion of colours.... :-)

Hi Jan

I wonder if at some time in the future if the AZ transparencies for the Hampden might be available to purchase as a separate item in order to to allow the construction of some of those Valom Hampden kits that are gathering dust in various stashes of un-built kits?

Regards,

Vincent

• Like 3

Hi Jan,

Very interesting to see the BF-109H. I wondered, as you are really completing your line up of Bf-109's:

At some point in the future would you consider, for example, Bf-109 B to D?

I may have asked this before, my apologies if I have.

It's just that the recent Avis kit isn't a lot of fun to build, and trying to get it to look like a real model rather than a toy is hard. I can deal with most of it (the filling, the bad fit of wing upper to lower leading to filing, I could go on...) but the exhaust port/cowl area is just too much. I don't like fighting a kit like that; 3 have ended up in the trash after hours of work :(.

The early series BF-109's offer a really good variety of marking schemes, from Spain to Poland to France with Munich crisis and others in between, even early German marking schemes. After market support for wheels, canopies, decals is also pretty good.

It could sell many units; it is surely the biggest gap in the '109' market now? I still feel we are stuck with modifying the Heller kit; in the 21st Century..... :confused:.

I realise the market for the Emil is somewhat crowded. Very! Along similar lines to your 'H', a 'T' in perhaps service in Norway, is still only available from one manufacturer; basically the RPM E with T wings. Not stunning...

Anyway: (A?) B (1-2) C (1-3?) D. Surely a market?

Thanks for taking time to read our posts, I'm sure we must drive you crazy sometimes :D

Errrr. Klemm/BA 25 :hmmm:

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

Dear Vincent,

I do not hink so, not at the start of sales. I think, that it is clear we need to sell some complete kits at first. Maybe later. I just added this to my diary to be discussed later.

• Like 2

It is not not bad idea, it has only one weak point - both Harpoon and Lodestar are produced by Special Hobby.... :-) Try to pass your tip to Mr. Riedel from SH.

What a stupid mistake ! But this indicates that when I (and maybe others) think "good Czech Kits" it means AZ/KzP :)

S pozdravem

Michal

Let me close for today - it is for the first time somebody told me I look like Peter Gabriel. Thank you. He is my favourite musician.

To the Bf 109 early variants - well, OK, but it is a project for next three - four years. We would like to make another subjects. Now - we finish with three aircraft - LVG C. VI, La 5 La 5F (where is John Thompson???), then MB-5, Ki 102, I saw Schwalbe in the workshop and we are still continuing with two nice British subjects in 1/48 scale, planned for the next year..... Tempest, P-36, maybe Hurricanes with metal wing could be the next projects in 1/72nd scale....... And then maybe another 109.

And I forgot about Z-37, line of Cessnas, Chipmunks...... :-)

I do not know how it is in UK but we are very limited by the fact that day in Czech Republic has only 24 hours and week has only seven days..... :-)

GN to everybody

Edited by Jan Polc
  • Like 7

Dear Vincent,

I do not hink so, not at the start of sales. I think, that it is clear we need to sell some complete kits at first. Maybe later. I just added this to my diary to be discussed late

Hi Jan,

Thanks for that, 'maybe later' will be fine with me. :thumbsup2:

I will be picking up one of the complete kits anyway as a Hampden is missing from my early war bomber command trio(Wellington/Whitley/Hampden)

Regards

Vincent

Hi Jan,

do you plan to have La-5UTI two-seater in your range as well?

And what about those really exotic subjects that were produced in resin under Legato brand like CANT Leone - can they be expected in injected form?

Edited by MarkoZG

Bf 109G-12, yes, it will come, after K and the last missing G-10 variants.

Ugh, Mr. Muzikant tell us here, that K and G10 are still planned for this year?

So, the plans for these late Messerschmits are changed?

Edited by meisnerr

GM to everybody -

La 5UTI - yes, it is planned as the last member of the family, after La 7. Release 2017, second half.

Bf 109G-10 (two versions) and K - all neccessary parts are ready, this project is finished from my point of view, now it will come to the moulds factory. Release before the end of the year. There is no change. Three or four years are valid for early versions B, C, D.

• Like 1

What I like personally is the boxart done by Zdenek Macxhacek. Please do not look at color shades, it is out absolutely thanks to PC conversion of colours.... :-)

hp-boxart.jpg

The picture has been saved in CMYK mode, while the Internet browsers prefer more simple RGB mode. I've changed this setting and got this (probably the correct version):

1473328210.jpg

Edited by GrzeM
  • Like 1

Thank you for the information on the early Bf 109's Jan. Four to five years...:waiting:

I'm going to have to keep taking my vitamin pills :clif:.

The LVG is a nice choice. It seems esoteric but it isn't really, many different possible marking schemes.

I used to live in a small cottage just below Solsbury Hill. Given our recent discussions on your (far more flattering) photo, the least I could do to say thanks for the replies was to post this.

Any video where someone marries a very attractive cabbage patch is fine by me :D

Best regards

Tony

Solisbury Hill is my favourite one, also Erasure made cover which really very nice. Thank you.

Early 109 versions can come earlier, it was just my timeline tip. What I know is the fact that we did not start even with learning the role. And that we are working on some jets now... :-)

• Like 1

Bearing in mind the Revell Hunter is superb, it just needs re-releasing, wouldn't it be better for AZ to cover the DH Venom instead? Certainly in 72nd...

I'd still prefer a few neglected British second line types - Hawker Henley (ripe for a whif boxing as an RAF light bomber), De Havilland Don, Percival Proctor - and a few more British X-planes, such as a Hawker P.1081.

• Like 3

What I think is really missing in the 1/72 jets line up is up to date kits of the F-84F Thunderstreak and RF-84F Thunderflash. Both were very widely used by many nations and wore some very appealing colour schemes. The Airfix and Italeri kits really show their age, and the PJ Productions resin kit is expensive and not really state of the art for resin kits.

• Like 1