AZmodel/Legato/Admiral WWII aircraft - comments, questions and wishes

CzechKits.com

In fact, Eduard is talking with its customers on Czech forums very frequently. We do it here.

Jan

that is good to hear. As I don't speak or read Czech I only occasionally drop in on Czech forums and even then I only drool at the pictures :Tasty: . Thanks for enlightening me, I hope Eduard are as receptive as AZ/KP are.

Regards

DC

"And then a Yak-9!"

One day, someone will hear us. Maybe buying truckloads of Lavochkins would help assure them?

Yak-9 - please, boys, let us do P-36 at first, then we will see.... :-)
Well if you promise us a good Yak-9 and I will be happy to wait for it and keep buying and building the kits you already make :-)

Someone, somewhere, really does need to do a Yak 9. VVS is very popular, but the '9' exists in so many more guises than that. Brengun have finally done a decent '1'. Wonder if they'll do a 1b? Nevertheless, to grab the '9' market slot would be a great move.

I just love it when people say "Yak-9"! :wub:

If buying Lavochkins is the way to get a Yak-9 done, then I'm working on my part - I've already got 2 of the KP La-5FN, and have pre-ordered the La-5 and La-5F along with the AZ MB.5. I expect I'll pick up at least one more of each of the La-5 and -5F when they arrive in the hobby shops, definitely so if the shops get them before the MB.5 is released.

John

• Like 1

Booked a pre-order of 2 kits, plus decal sheet. Within six hours got confirmation of pre-order. Excellent service. Looking forward to it!

Thanks Jan

Philip

PS. Any chance of a re-issue of the AZ Spitfire TR9's with Irish Air Corps markings????

• Like 1

Booked a pre-order of 2 kits, plus decal sheet. Within six hours got confirmation of pre-order. Excellent service. Looking forward to it!

Thanks Jan

Philip

PS. Any chance of a re-issue of the AZ Spitfire TR9's with Irish Air Corps markings????

Hello Filip

Thank you very much for your order and thank you for the compliment.

Otherwise Spitfire TR. 8 and TR. 9 will be released in reissued as late this year.

Irish markings will obviously contain.

We will add a box with Spitfity TR. airshows today.

MB-5. Very nice. Now that is a manufacturer with a true passion for innovative aircraft. My postage won't be free (Australia) but my order will be going in.

Well Jan, you and the whole AZ team are great. You sent me missing photo-etch for your extremely good DH Moth. It blows the Airfix out of the water. As, incidentally, although not your newest, do your Hurricanes. I risk a lynching: Airfix Hurricanes have severe panel line issues. Yours don't. Just a bit of stuff to sort out at the back, but overall it's a model, not a toy.

Now I really will get lynched :o!

Yes you can see we are all varied on the P-36. I don't know how many I speak for, but I would buy many versions A-1 to A-7. This is a real missed opportunity for manufacturers. It supports so many air forces. So many theatres. I guess it's why many of us are grovelling around with Smer/Intech, Heller, AML (awful) and other kits. We're a little desperate.

Someone, somewhere, really does need to do a Yak 9. VVS is very popular, but the '9' exists in so many more guises than that. Brengun have finally done a decent '1'. Wonder if they'll do a 1b? Nevertheless, to grab the '9' market slot would be a great move.

Best regards

Tony

Sorry just tried quoting for the first time and cocked it up. That Airfix Hurricane is one of my all time favourites. But as in a free society we agree to disagree and we can spare the rope!

Edited by Britman

Tony Tiger - yes, I remember that etches.... Thank you for your words. I like our Tiger Moth, even if I have Airfix in the stash. But for me most popular is die-cast by Oxford - nice, accurate and no assembling... :-) Yes I collect die casts.

We are still a little bit afraid of P-36 sells, looking at our P-40, which well made some money, but not planned numbers.

We also think about new re-tooled Hurricane, or the same one with moulds cleaned and the new canopy, which is not so good.

Unfortunately, Australian postage is real legal robbery. Advice is, that the price is the same up 1000 grams, so collect more kits and split the costs.

BTW - we enlisted 136 MB-5 up to now. Many thanks boys.

Congratulations for the subject you chose , MB5 is an amazing fighter. Please follow on with the MB3 (a beautiful machine) and MB2 (ugly but still impressive)

I would not be concerned with the sales of P-36 series, they cannot compare to the P-40 that probably did not sell quite as expected because of the plethora of cheap alternatives for it (I'm thinkin about hobby-boss ,academy and the older hasegawa and even sword that had released "two in the box - at the price of one")

There is really no decent alternative for the p-36/h-75, except maybe for the old Monogram. Whatever you choose, please DO NOT rebox the Azur/Special Hobby kit, it is horribly inaccurate and hard to build .

I'm fairly excited, perhaps 'very interested' is a better description, in the prospect of a MB5 and I like the idea of British prototypes being made but there are several aeroplanes, that saw service, that are woefully under-represented or hard to find The P36 is a good example but how about a new-mould, accurate, Hurricane II or an Albacore or a Hampden (I understand AZ have this planned) or, I could go on and on.

• Like 2

Hi all,

we are getting preorders daily for our MB-5. Thank you very much.

We are working on the project daily, all camouflage schemes for free extra decal sheet are ready. As I am not familiar with how to

insert pictures here on Britmodeller, I asked colleagues from the web modelarovo.cz to do it.

If you want to see what will be on the free decal, be so kind as to follow this link:

http://www.modelarovo.cz/martin-baker-mb-5-predobjednavka-extra-obtisk-172/

Text is in Czech, but contains the information you have and, there is translator implemented on the website.

I wish you pleasant rest of Sunday.

Jan

• Like 2

Hi all,

just to inform you that we have reached 350 preordered MB-5 kits. We are very close to the decal sheet printing limit, so be quick with your preorder and do not miss your extra decals for free.

Edited by Jan Polc
  • Like 1

To the Cessnas - this project is postponed, we expect this line of aircraft at the start of 2017 year, not earlier.

Good to know those are still going to happen.

A couple of years ago you had a 1/72 Zlin Z-37 Čmelák listed for futer release, but I don't see it anymore. Is it still going to happen?

Edited by upnorth

spaddad - thank you for your preorder. Release date is clear - Telford show, not earlier. Preorder action is still running.

During the finishing touches on the master kit we decided one of the "early" type of the rudders to give you even more choices.

My avatar, well, I have to check my photos and find something another, smiley one. But there is no promise from my side... :-)

• Like 8