Tamiya 1/32 F-4J(UK) Phantom 74 Squadron

I say young man, that is such a rollocking piece of work. I must send my man servant out to procure me one of those. I just hope mine turns out half as good as yours.

Well done sir.

Regards,

Monty

Thanks for all your positive replies, in response to Ashleys question, I believe Tamiya used an airframe with repair plates rivetted on the spine and around the flanks. Looking at references, these were not present on J model airframes destined for the UK, so I had to sand them off the fuselage mouldings. I opted to leave the ones above the exhaust nozzles as to be honest they didnt stand out as much as the others. Also I had to re-scribe some panel lines just aft of each engine intake and add a small repair patch to the starboard intake just forward of the roundel as in a photo of the real aircraft there is one present. Other than that, I left the fuselagte as Tamiya produced.

Many thanks for your reply, all taken on board for when I do mine.

Ashley :photo:

Wow, that is an awesome work. I'd like the Paint Job and the very clean build on this F-4. Very impressive model. Regards, Udo.

• 2 weeks later...

May I pass on my sincere thanks to all your positive responses and I hope to be posting some of my other work in the future - currently building an Airfix 1/48 Lynx HMa8 for my brother, but I also have a few 1/32 WW2 fighters to photograph once the weather dries up.