'Super Dakota' question.

foxfriend

Hi all. Can anyone out there tell me if there is a conversion kit to convert a 1/72 DC-3 to a Super Dakota. My knowledge of available conversion kits is very limited, so I am hoping that someone out there can help me. Many thanks.

If you mean the C-117/R4D-8.

Super dak

If on the other hand you mean the turbo prop conversions........

Heritage Aviation do both the Dart Dakota and the south African rebuilds for the Italeri kits

Classicplane from Germany also do a Dart Dakota, Conroy Triturbo Three conversion, XCG-17 assault glider, Nakajima-Showa L2D (Tabby), C-47 NASARR ( Starfighter Nose ) and a war time Luftwaffe/Lufthansa set. All based on the Italeri kit

Classicplane kits can be found here Classicplane kits but he is rather awkward to get in contact with. Ive tried emailing him a number of time, but he has never replied.

Lonewulf models carries a small stock for now,and is where I got most of mine.

Edited by Martin H

Scimitar - can you email me a set of those scans please!?!? jrh at pemtel.net

I have a friend whose life's mission has been to find documentation on the C-117, and so far he's come up dry. And this is a man who spent 20 years in the aviation museum business, so he knows his way around an archive. He has yet to find any manufacturer maintenance data clearly showing station diagrams, etc.

Aeromodeller, back in the late fifties, did a set of 1/144th comparison plans in two sheets by G.R. Duval of the "Dakota III"/R4D-8 an sold them as reprints and dye line 1/48th for 2s/6d (12.5p) as Plan Pack NT/2783.

I understand that these plans are still available from some outlets.

It's a conversion, using the existing kit parts and some scratch building (tail unit), that I have considered in the past.

As far as I am aware, the last "Super Dak" was still flying in Alaska as late as 2003.

Dennis