Hawk T.1 100 sqn. XX164 Revell 1/32

This is my first attempt at the Revell 1/32 Hawk. I think the biggest mistake I made was putting too much paint on and losing most of the panel lines under the primer. I wanted to make sure the red plastic did not bleed through though.

Mostly oob but I did use a pre-painted etch set for the seats. The masking is also a bit questionable on the white fuselage stripe?

Pitot is now a metal item as the fit one shown in these pics broke off.

Decals are Xtradecal and paint is Xtracolour and Halfords, figure is from Mastercasters.

I have another Hawk in the stash (close to the top as it is an enjoyable build) This will be done in the 2009 RAF benevolent fund scheme.

I hope the future builds of this kit will be better as it was a steep learning curve with this one.

Looking forward to the April release of Revell's Hawk as I believe it will be in grey plastic.

014.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

006-1.jpg

Thanks for looking. I am always open to comment and critique.

All the best, Steve.

• Like 3

Thanks for the feedback, it is most welcome.

Mr B, the pilot figure is made by Mastercasters and I got mine from Hannants. Saw it when I put a search in for Hawk aftermarket stuff and couldn't resist.

I like to put people with my models as it adds some perception of scale / size.

The gloss factor is always going to be subjective but I used xtracolour to paint her and before the flat coat she was quite glossy.

My personal taste is to tone it down and I prefer that look. But I do agree that perhaps I mixed a little too much flat coat this time as I was aiming for more of a semi-matt sheen.

Next one will be gloss black so I will have to wait and see how it looks after decalling.

Thanks again, Steve.