STRATEGIC AIR COMMAND. Lockheed DC-130A

DSCF2689copy.jpg

Another addition to the SAC collection. A rare Italeri 1/72 kit with purloined props and a few hours research.

Apart from the fuselage cracking when the paint job was finished and a tendancy to knock the drones off, it was remarkably trouble free. The usual 'ancient' kit moans of course, raised panel lines, parts that don't fit, parts that are there and shouldn't be and parts that aren't there that should. Still that's all over now (unless I find a 1/48 kit at a reasonable price of course........)

DSCF2689.jpg

DSCF2690.jpg

DSCF2691.jpg

DSCF2695.jpg

More pickies to see at http://sacmodellersg...freeforums.org.

W

Edited by Wolfpack
  • Like 2

Wow, a very impressive build here of this great-looking version of the C-130 ! It is especially interesting with that line-up of drones underneath the wings.

(the eye-popping young gal accompanying the images is really wonderful, too ! But, have her be careful with leaning up against that large red button. I imagine in that case something would then take off with a roar or explode !) B):lol:

Mike

That figure is really cool - was there a model there? :bouncy:

Edited by TCinLA

Thanks for the comments folks. The hardest part about this kit is finding one in the first place! Oh and the 'milliput elbow' you get sanding anf filling the nose extension.

I'd count it as one model, the four smaller ones are permenantly attached.

W

You really did a wonder on that nose, it's flawless to my eye and no easy task, I am sure! I don't think you're helping the availability of DC-130 kits by inspiring everyone like this!!!

'Guess I'll have to wait till the flurry dies down to the usual level of insane outbidding ebay madness ;)

Thanks for sharing her...two thumbs way up!