LS 1/144 P-3C Orions

Romeo Alpha Yankee

Well I have decided to try and finish a couple of LS P-3C kits that have been lingering on the bench.

They are at the mask and paint stage, I suppose that is why they stalled last time. Also some minor construction work to do. Pictures of their current state up shortly.

• 1 month later...

Well its 37 degrees C here today. Good time to stay indoors with the air conditioner going @#!*% for leather :D

I have started (or should I say restarted) these 2 P-3s. Both are basically OOB with only some antennas added and the decal option changed for one of them.

First up is the RAAF Hi Vis build. It is being done wheels up on a stand with bomb bay open and some Harpoon missiles mounted on the outboard wing pylons.

Today I masked and painted the cockpit windows and antiglare panel aft of the radome. Here is how it looks after the masking and painting as mentioned.

RAAF144P-3HV02_zps46b135a8.jpg

RAAF144P-3HV01_zpse0fbd5cb.jpg

In parallel I have been building a Lo Vis P-3 as well. Today's effort included finising up some paintwork on some of the wheels. I had botched up one side main gear and one of the nose wheels. Fortunately I had spares from the wheels up build!

RAAF144P-3LV02_zpsfbc5ab56.jpg

RAAF144P-3LV01_zps979ad06d.jpg

Finally here are the rest of the parts. The props are almost painted. I just need to mask and paint the tips. One set will have black tips and the other set will have red and white tips. You may notice on with a bit of overspray. A couple of blades broke off it and I had to reattach them. I have repainted the hub after regluing the blades and need to do a little extra painting on it to get it up to the same point the other props are at.

RAAF144P-3Parts01_zpsf0301954.jpg

These are the OzMods Harpoons I am using. They have been sitting in my parts bin for a while and some were damaged. So I have had to salvage a few to get enough for the builds. I have also converted one into a torpedo to stick in the bomb bay of the Hi Vis P-3.

RAAF144P-3Parts02_zps1c6cb2a4.jpg

Following this build with interest, got one in the stash (the Canadian CP-140 boxing). The nose looks a bit funky, a bit blunt ... but that's just from eyeballing your kits and (admittedly poor) memory of the ones I've seen.

• 1 year later...