• Announcements

• Mike

DDoS and Brute Force Attacks   09/18/2016

From the day following upgrade to the new forum software, 15th Sept until the 19th, we were under a concerted attack by a person or persons using a number of 'bots and other people's Proxy networks to carry out what is called a Distributed Denial of Service attack, which is a method by which these 'bots submit thousands of requests to the website per second to overload the server and bring the site to its knees.  While this was going on, they were also making Brute Force attacks on our remote communications port to try and breach the server so they could do anything from format the hard drives to change ownership of the site, and bombarding the mailserver with similar bogus requests, some of which left some rather telling details behind.  This was followed up a couple of days later with a further attack that left more data to sift through, which we have passed on to our IT forensics people.On the advice of our Lawyer and fellow member JohnT, we yesterday informed the National Crime Agency and requested their assistance with the matter, and in an ongoing dialogue with them to find the culprits, so we are allowing them access to the server and its logs.    We don't believe that this is a random attack on balance, but for 5 days and a further evening we had to put up with some disturbance and interruption to the usually fast response of the website as we are seeing now that the attack has ended.  We will prevail, and don't worry about it.  We were the target, and these people will not win.  Karma will catch up with them   Mike, Greg, Dave & Julien.
evinX

Caribbean airlines & BWIA project - FINISHED!

13 posts in this topic

So continuing from this project....http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=234913445&hl=%2Bbwia+%2Bproject

Im back with a second part, thanks to V1 decals, Twosix and Gio decals ive gotten my hands on the following airplanes to build my ultimate collection

BWIA A340 9Y-TJN - flew this from Heathrow to Port of spain many times

602145.jpg

BWIA A340 HYBRID 9Y-JIL - flew this from Port of spain to Manchester once

PlanespottersNet_023119.jpg

Caribbean airlines new arrival 767-300ER 9Y-LGW, got to see this parked up at Piarco Int Trinidad this september next to her sister craft 9Y-LHR, wasnt ready for the london routes so got to fly a wet lease Omni air 767-300 :/

i-22DhrGn-S.jpg

Caribbean airlines ATR 72 9Y-TTC - flew this in september from Tobago to Trinidad...rough ride dude...lol, heres a picture of her sister planes that i got to take myself :D

539526_4506431575826_346714228_n.jpg

Caribbean airlines dash 8 9Y-WIN

9Y-WIN-Caribbean-Airlines-De-Havilland-C

And was lucky enough to get a 1/144 737 desktop model at caribbean airlines duty free, so this will be be part of my CAL set

304633_4521029420763_1333827437_n.jpg

Stay tuned, kev :D

Edited by evinX

Look forward to this Kev, don't mess up my decals cause I can't get anymore lol. What about the 737-800, will you be doing that as well?

Edited by cuprar

Looking forward

Are you going to do a tristar, md-80, 737-800 & -300 in the bright green livery?

What about a Visvount or 747?

Not doing the L1011, md-80, 738 in the green im afraid. Not a fan of the viscount for 747 they had...i know nazca do the 738 but no after that tbh, i wouldnt mind doing the hawker siddely BWIA airbridge..but not really bothered to be honest as its in a old livery

They also had a DC-8 cargo with the bwia logo but still not bothered about that either lol

Edited by evinX

Stay tuned, kev :D

why do you want me to stay tuned?

looks gorgeous ^ nice work :)

they look nice, I especially like the tail design - more pics in RFI?

So finally finished all the models, and the dream collection! also have 1 more to add pretty soon to the collection, never planned but will come out to be a lovely model so look out...enjoy for now. Kev

9Y-TJN

20130331_111137_zpsc7890e32.jpg

9Y-JIL

20130331_111150_zpsc0265d58.jpg

Caribbean airlines fleet

20130331_111226_zps0481b4dd.jpg

The whole collection

20130331_111253_zps4547ac61.jpg

The last one to come, 9Y-THA

0187055.jpg