Now that I've completed one build for 2011/2012 which is my Sea Vixen ( Pix still needed for RFI)

i'm needing some time to think about what to build next, some friends have suggested that I

finish my Airfix Buccaneer which has been on the shelf for 9 years. I'm thinking about finishing the Javelin that I've been given, so many decisions it's almost stressful :banghead:

So whilst I think about what to build/ finish I thought that the new Trumpeter T-64 might help me decide

on the next big project. I bought this a few weeks ago and all I can say is that I'm impressed.

The kit is a dream, goes together very well indeed and the new kit has given us a very important vehicle that's been missed off the radar

by the main stream companies, I know about the Skif versions but they require big $$ and time to correct.

Trumpeter have given us a new tool kit of the T-64 MBT and the only AM used so far is the track set brought out by Trumpeter. There

is nothing wrong with the kit supplied link and length tracks but these AM tracks are molded slightly better and by the look of the detail

I think that slide mold technology has been used. The track nuts are very well rendered indeed, these babies should be better and easier

to paint and fit.

In terms of accuracy.............. I couldn't tell you if this kit is 100% but its certainly better than the Skif kit. So here is the progress

so fa, still in the rough but looking good.

Enjoy

CIMG2132.jpg

CIMG2135.jpg

CIMG2137.jpg

CIMG2139.jpg

CIMG2134.jpg

CIMG2133.jpg

CIMG2140.jpg

CIMG2141.jpg

Regards

Dan

Edited by Dads203
  • Like 1

hmmm very nice before shes dressed in green paint , one thing are the am tracks indy or link and length ?????

Ooh! I like the look of that Dan. I am getting the urge to build some armour having done nothing but ships the last few months.

canuck leo by hobbyboss with bar armour???? any chance ??????

Those tracks are included in the kit Dave/Andy ;)

Nice start Dan, and it should get more views now you've changed the title to something a bit more representative ^_^

hmmm very nice before shes dressed in green paint , one thing are the am tracks indy or link and length ?????

These are the individual workable links from Trumpeter, so an extra, the test shots flying around the internet a few months ago

showed the kit with these on, but you don't them in the box. looks like trumpy thought it best to supply link and length and make more

money from selling these as a AM bit of kit.

Some more turret closeups, some of the detail is very finely molded, the tie downs

are very nicely rendered and will benefit from further cleaning once the glue is dry.

CIMG2143.jpg

CIMG2144.jpg

CIMG2146.jpg

CIMG2147.jpg

The turret mounted snorkel, the canvas covers are molded in some DS type material as is the gun main mantlet

It takes normal glue so CA is not required.

CIMG2142.jpg

Dan

Edited by Dads203
  • Like 1

I like the T64 and have a few of the Skif kits built and to build (they aren`t all that bad, just lack small details) so it goes without saying that I want at least one of these Trumpy kits.

You are doing a good job on the kit, you will have to let us know exactly what is left in the box after you`re build as I think some of the parts might be useful to bring Skifs kit up to scratch.

Malc.

Hi Malc,

There is a ton of unused parts in the box, clearly Trumpy are going to release some later versions, you get a thermal sleeved barrel, one plastic un-sleeved

and a ally turned barrel which i'm not going to use as it 's missing some detail. the other spare items are later hatches with the anti radiation coating, fuel tanks

long range fuel barrels and mounts, sight covers (PE) front splash plate and front armour plate.

Its worth the buy if you have the Skif kits and whats more the individual links fit the Skif drive sprocket perfectly.

Dan

This kit has gone to the top of my `To Get` list as the spares will help with my un-built Skif kit which will be a merger of parts to make a late `A` version with rubber skirts and up-armoured glacis etc.

Malc

Not much of an update, I've been working on the second run of tracks and a few

smaller parts on the kit, I'll get some pictures up later of whats been done so far.

The kit has loads of small detail parts which is great but they take time to add, plus you 3 sheets of

photo etch brass to work with, This is probably one of the best kits I'm worked with from Trumpeter,

looking forward to seeing what other versions of the T-64 that they release next year.

Dan

Edited by Dads203

That is very good :coolio: .

Following this one, anything Russian I am Interested in. :thumbsup:

Those tracks look very good, not tried them before. :winkgrin:

They are very good, minimal clean up and no ejector pins to clean up which is a bonus,

Had no issues in putting them together, only one duff link out of the box.