New Ship Related Releases

https://starling-models.co.uk/index.php?id_product=1067&controller=product&id_lang=2

Mike at Stirling Models has had some more photo's of the forthcoming Orange-Hobby 1/700 USS Midway 1991 multimedia kit.

Looking good and will make a nice alternative to the standard CVN fleet that's available. Not entirely sure about the airwing as  The F-18s may be a separate set along with the Hawkeye, but the Kit appears to include Sea King and Intruder/Prowler aircraft.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hsr said:

Anyone know how it stacks up against the old HP kit?

As I recall the HP kit was the USS Franklyn D Roosevelt and in her 1957 guise with plated up bow and early angled deck. The Orange Hobby is the 91 Midway probably based on the ship as ship is now a museum, as well as decent resin, the Orange Hobby kit with have crisp details, a full photo etch sheet that's made to measure, turned brass domes and masts, full decals as would be expected from a maker using the latest techniques to design, develop and produce these kits 

• Like 2

Trumpeter have posted up a new 1/700 ship in their Monthly preview page unfortunately is the Yorktown which maybe a rebox of their Hornet or hopefully a revised tolling with the corrections made. The bad new is its still not a HMS Belfast or HMS Ark Royal.

Hobby Boss have announced the 1/350 HMS Agamemnon  to follow on from HMS Lord Nelson in their Pre-Dreadnaught range

• Like 1

On 2017-5-30 at 9:42 AM, Geoff_B said:

As I recall the HP kit was the USS Franklyn D Roosevelt and in her 1957 guise with plated up bow and early angled deck. The Orange Hobby is the 91 Midway probably based on the ship as ship is now a museum, as well as decent resin, the Orange Hobby kit with have crisp details, a full photo etch sheet that's made to measure, turned brass domes and masts, full decals as would be expected from a maker using the latest techniques to design, develop and produce these kits 

If their Hermes or Ocean is anything to go by,which l have both and built, it should be another cracker.

1 hour ago, Geoff_B said:

Trumpeter have posted up a new 1/700 ship in their Monthly preview page unfortunately is the Yorktown which maybe a rebox of their Hornet or hopefully a revised tolling with the corrections made. The bad new is its still not a HMS Belfast or HMS Ark Royal.

Hobby Boss have announced the 1/350 HMS Agamemnon  to follow on from HMS Lord Nelson in their Pre-Dreadnaught range

There's nothing unfortunate about them releasing the Yorktown if it's decent. We've not had a decent mainstream Yorktown in 1/700 yet and it's a hugely important ship, at least the Aoshima Ark Royal was a reasonable stab at the ship. I'm quite looking forward to Trumpeter's Yorktown, Enterprise, Belfast, Nelson and Rodney. I hope they don't rebox the Hornet as they are slight dimension differences between Hornet and the other 2 ships, plus they should use the opportunity to fix the bow (not that I think it's that bad).

thanks

Mike 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewitt said:

If their Hermes or Ocean is anything to go by,which l have both and built, it should be another cracker.

Excuse my ignorance, but is "cracker" good or bad? :)

2 hours ago, Mikemx said:

There's nothing unfortunate about them releasing the Yorktown if it's decent. We've not had a decent mainstream Yorktown in 1/700 yet and it's a hugely important ship, at least the Aoshima Ark Royal was a reasonable stab at the ship. I'm quite looking forward to Trumpeter's Yorktown, Enterprise, Belfast, Nelson and Rodney. I hope they don't rebox the Hornet as they are slight dimension differences between Hornet and the other 2 ships, plus they should use the opportunity to fix the bow (not that I think it's that bad).

thanks

Mike 

Hi Mike 

I meant unfortunate in that is the Yorktown jumping the queue over the Belfast's that were announced last year  and are something new in this scale especially the post war version.

Cheers

Geoff

• Like 1

My wallet is taking a hammering this year between Atlantic Models,Flyhawk,Orange Hobby,this is good after year of nothing.Many it continue. 

14 hours ago, Mikemx said:

thanks

Mike 

The hull length is identical between all 3 of the Yorktown class - confusion seems to reign with Hornet due to changes made to the flight deck, which would need to be retooled for Hornet anyway due to a different shape as well as different dimensions.

There's a good explanation backed up with the original plans for the class here :) I found it an interesting read anyway...

http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=12986&start=40

I wasn't confused, I just couldn't remember what the shape and dimension differences were and didn't have time to check. The point is that a repop of the Hornet, with just a slightly different island won't make for a particularly accurate Yorktown or Enterprise.

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mikemx said:

I wasn't confused, I just couldn't remember what the shape and dimension differences were and didn't have time to check. The point is that a repop of the Hornet, with just a slightly different island won't make for a particularly accurate Yorktown or Enterprise.

thanks

Mike

I wasn't suggesting you were confused Mike - only that so many people repost all sorts of dimensions all over the internet and in books reinforcing various conflicting information.

I agree that just an island won't do though. It would need a complete new flight deck and different AA fit, but the hull tooling should be ok were they to do it :)

6 minutes ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

I wasn't suggesting you were confused Mike - only that so many people repost all sorts of dimensions all over the internet and in books reinforcing various conflicting information.

I agree that just an island won't do though. It would need a complete new flight deck and different AA fit, but the hull tooling should be ok were they to do it :)

Of course that depends on when they depict the Enterprise. A late war fit would require a new hull because of the bulges. I'd prefer a late war Enterprise as you'd be able to depict all 3 ships with significant differences. A 1942 Enterprise would be almost identical to Yorktown, certainly up to Midway at least. I modified my Hornet slightly anyway (well attempted to!) so the model represents her at Santa Cruz. I fitted a bigger radar antenna and an extra 1.1 inch quad and a deck full of navy planes, instead of the usual B-25's everyone seems to do.

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

I think it's entirely probable that both the Enterprise and Yorktown kits will be 1942 versions. The 1/350 Merit kits are the same period. The later fit Enterprise could be accommodated by an extra sprue with the bulges though you'd end up with the same potential problem as can happen when adding CFT's to an F-15E or late F-16 model. Less of a problem for a waterline model, bit more awkward for a full hull one.:hmmm:

Mike.

13 minutes ago, MikeR said:

I think it's entirely probable that both the Enterprise and Yorktown kits will be 1942 versions. The 1/350 Merit kits are the same period. The later fit Enterprise could be accommodated by an extra sprue with the bulges though you'd end up with the same potential problem as can happen when adding CFT's to an F-15E or late F-16 model. Less of a problem for a waterline model, bit more awkward for a full hull one.:hmmm:

Mike.

That's most likely the case and if it is the case I'm not sure I'd bother with the Enterprise. I'll certainly have the Yorktown, unless it's a total disaster of course!

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-700-VeryFire-USS-Battleship-BB-67-MONTANA-1945/192203945927?_trksid=p5713.c100284.m3505&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D12%26asc%3D44268%26meid%3Da68b8398bf914d59a2154fb246bc5856%26pid%3D100284%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D9%26sd%3D192203945927

A new injection moulded kit of the proposed US Battle Ship USS Montana which was an enlarged four turret version of the infamous Iowa class.

Wonder if we can get them to do a HMS Lion or HMS Vanguard to go with it ;)

• 1 month later...

Ark Royal IV as was for her final cruise as a kit being produced for Starling Models. Wow! :thumbsup: I better starting to save up for it and start clearing my stash. May be Santa might help out.

3 hours ago, Paul E said:

Ark Royal IV as was for her final cruise as a kit being produced for Starling Models. Wow! :thumbsup: I better starting to save up for it and start clearing my stash. May be Santa might help out.

Hi Paul

A slight correction if I may, this was a kit that was due to be produced for White Ensign Models but will now be produced under the Atlantic Models label by Starling Models, if that makes sense!

I'm conscious of how many people want to build this iconic Royal Navy ship, so I will do my best to keep the price as reasonable as I can.

Mike

• Like 4

Taken from F.B. Starling Models

We are very pleased to announce that in the production stage is a kit from Atlantic Models of HMS Ark Royal 1978 in 1/700 scale. This kit has been long awaited by many modellers, it will be produced by Starling Models for Atlantic Models with a release at the IPMS Telford show in November.

Photos of the main hull and superstructure parts dry fitted, the kit will also include photoetch and CAD designed Phantom, Buccaneer, Gannet, Wessex and Sea King aircraft, which will also be available separately.

At present no price has been set for the kit and pre-orders are not being taken at present. More news will be available in the coming months as production advances. This kit will only be available in 1/700 scale.

Taken from Atlantic Models 

You might all be aware by now of the progress being made towards the coming release of ATK70020 HMS Ark Royal IV in 1/700 scale. These kits are from patterns originally made for WEM a fair few years ago and never got beyond the pattern stage. I am now finishing off the job and drawing up the Photo Etch for the ship and aircraft and will also be doing the usual assembly instructions. Mike McCabe at Starling Models has kindly taken charge of the production and sales side of these kits, being among the 1/700 scale kits in the White Ensign Range. All further news and announcements regarding the Ark will be coming from Mike. What out for more news.

jdrtM9M.jpg

Hpnwug1.jpg

sqmau96.jpg

XkDH89s.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

A new detail set for Trumpeter's 1/700 HMS Queen Elizabeth is about to be released this weekend :)

http://www.tetramodel.co.kr/index.php/se-70018-1700-hms-queen-elizabeth-1941-detail-up-set-w-wooden-deck-gun-barrel/

[SE-70018] 1/700 HMS Queen Elizabeth 1941 Detail-up Set   w/ Wooden Deck & Gun Barrel

for Trumpeter

Photo-etched part  (2 EA) ,  Metal parts (8EA) , Resin parts ,  manual  2page(A4 size)

SE70018_011.jpg

SE70018_02.jpg

SE70018_03.jpg

SE70018_04.jpg

SE70018_05.jpg

SE70018_06.jpg

SE70018_07.jpg

SE70018_08.jpg

SE70018_09.jpg

SE70018_10.jpg

SE70018_11.jpg

SE70018_12.jpg