RAF Harrier GR-7/9 Rockets

typhoon1

Hi There

Wonder if someone could :please: help i recall seeing a picture of Harrier GR-7or 9 on a detachment at RAF Kinloss and it was carrying a rocket pod on the underwing store ,it was not a crv-7 it was thinner.and the same type as carried by RAF Coltishall,s Jaguars.

Woud anyone have a picture of a Harrier carrying one of these rocket pods and would a pair be carried or 1 rocket pod and 1 cbls underneath each wing be the normal mode.

Kind Regards

Craig

The pods carried CVR7 rockets regardless. The 6 shot pod was originally a training round.

GR7s carried both 6 shot and 19 shot pods in Afghanistan on the same mission (as shown) (The pods themselves are LAU-5002 and LAU-5003 respectively).

GR9s carried 19 shots as a warload as each could be fired individually or in any number of salvos

The pods carried CVR7 rockets regardless. The 6 shot pod was originally a training round.

GR7s carried both 6 shot and 19 shot pods in Afghanistan on the same mission (as shown) (The pods themselves are LAU-5002 and LAU-5003 respectively).

GR9s carried 19 shots as a warload as each could be fired individually or in any number of salvos

Yes, what he said. Beat me to it.

The CRV-7 is the nomenclature of the rocket motor itself, and has nothing to do with the pod.

6 Shot pod

CRV7TrainingPod.jpg

19 Shot pod

CRV7Pod.jpg

As was said originally designed for training but found a fighting role as well, stranger things have happened.

As for the smaller bombs, they are getting smaller that 500lbs, see the new Smaller Diameter Bomb only 250Lbs, less collateral damage is the way forward for Afghanistan etc, with a further varient the Focused Lethality Weapon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_Diameter_Bomb

Julien

Okay, let's talk about these in 72nd scale.

Hasegawa's Weapons Set 1 includes two LAU-3, 19 rocket, rocket launchers. Would that be suitable for the 19 shot pod Julien posted above?

Is the 6 shot pod available in 1/72nd scale? I'm Googling like a crazy person and not finding anything.

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

• 4 years later...

Hi guys,

Just a little up on this subject so that i do not start a new thread. Does anyone know if the CVR7 could be carried on the outer pylons? And if so were they ever carried this way when if Afghanistan?

Thanks.