MiG-23MF Trumpeter 1/48

Arkady72

I've just started painting mine today. My only pointers are watch the join along the top. Test fit the intakes and lastly the canopy seems to narrow unless there's supposed to be a ledge on either side.

Ill post some pics if anyone's interested

Oh another Mig 23, well you are not the only one with an obsession. (I'm building another 2x Bf109s at the moment. You would think I would have enough of them by now!)

I see you still paint the cockpits after you have installed them, I'd like to see you try that on 1/72 scale models!

Are you doing NMF finish again or were they painted? I have just bought the Mr Color metallic paints so will be interested to see how they go on, any special tricks to using them?

DB

Edited by Duncan B

Detail brushed with Tamiya fine brush without shadow of black magic :)

Surfacer rulez today on my production line:

I might be wrong but it looks like there are more than you started out with, watch out or else you'll end up with lots of 1/144 scale Floggers! (Speaks me with 4 Bf109's on the go at the moment).

DB

Wrong scale for me, but your techniques will help me when my RV Models Flogger arrives under the tree.

Cheers,

Bill

I will use paint scheme from this RV Models kit for my Libyan MS version. Don't give up!

First upper color - sand:

PB267364.jpg

Base version:

PB267367.jpg

And a little "destroyed":

PB267368.jpg