Breguet Alize - And Now For Something Completely Different ...?

Once again I've diverted from the straight and narrow of the Harrier project (my latest model will be on here soon) with the model I put into a competition. Me. Compeition? One can have dreams, can't one, of winning something when normally you hide your models under the table?

Every year, my club - West Middlesex Scale Model Club - hold a "6 Month Challenge" - whereby we get a "lucky dip" in a brown envelope to build over the next 6 months, and then return it - in whatever state - for "judgement". This is of course all light-hearted fun and you can put in as little or as much effort as you choose. There's usually a limited choice of kits, so it's up to us to innovate or go out of the box (or out of our minds in some instances). Tony gets them for their quality, popularity and flexibility - plus they're usually free! For more details of the competitions, head on over to here. The winner is judged by Tony, if he can stop laughing long enough to make a decision!

This year we had a Hobson's Choice of two: both from Heller in 1/100th scale: the Breguet Alize and the Sud Aviation Vautour (I said they were popular!)

So that's the context - what did I get?

Kit: Heller 1/100th Breguet Alize

Details: Brush painted; sort-of out-of-the-box; brush painted acrylics; home made decals

And what did I do? ...

ANFSCD003.jpg

ANFSCD001.jpg

ANFSCD002.jpg

ANFSCD004.jpg

I joined it together - sort of - using a mixture of clear sprue, plasticard, dress-making pins, drawing pins and silver-nickel wire (no expense spared). I made up some Indian Navy decals and took some liberties with the colour scheme. I included all the parts in the box, even though I very much doubt the rockets were used by the Indian Navy (or perhaps even the French Navy?). Holes were drilled everywhere and the superglue followed suit. The final touch was to make the stand base out of a 2 litre milk bottle top stuffed with plasticine to complete the Blue Peter approach.

Does it deserve to be here amongst this fine collection of models by others - probably not - but it might be good on a display table to show new modellers how a model is constructed, so if nothing else, it's educational! And fun!

And in case you didn't follow the links - it won! :gobsmacked: The prize was a copy of the DVD "Red Tails" about the Tuskegee Airmen ... so a P-51 Mustang kit has now been purchased to go with it (£3 at SMW2012).

As ever, comments and criticisms welcome.

Now, back to the Harriers!

Edited by ChocksAway
  • Like 4

• 2 years later...

The Gannets ugly French cousin...

Kettle calling black? Perhaps should read "Ugly Gannet's French cousin..."?

;^P

Nice "frozen moment firecracker model" presentation!

Regards, Robert