RV Aircraft 1/72 MiG-21 Fishbed family

172flogger

It will be interesting to see if this is a new tool.   I have two different 1/72 MiG-21UM kits in my stash.  The older one is from Bilek and the box is copyrighted 2000.   They also did a MiG-21U.

The other kit I have is by Eastern Express.   Not sure which of the two is most accurate.  

39 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not sure which of the two is most accurate.  

Bilek, for sure.

I have on in build now. 

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

• 4 months later...

My quick 2 cents

THis morning I've received the newer Mig-21UM from RV, comparing it against Bilek it seems that forward and rear fuselage diameter are nearly the same so is the length but one comes with the AAA shrapnel treatment while other doesn't,  the newer sprue finally comes with a couple of rails for the two AA-2, a single drop tank is also included, then the standard PE insert and a basic set of decals with lots and lots of stencils inhabiting it complete the package.

Luigi

7 hours ago, Silverkite said:

My quick 2 cents

THis morning I've received the newer Mig-21UM from RV, comparing it against Bilek it seems that forward and rear fuselage diameter are nearly the same so is the length but one comes with the AAA shrapnel treatment while other doesn't,  the newer sprue finally comes with a couple of rails for the two AA-2, a single drop tank is also included, then the standard PE insert and a basic set of decals with lots and lots of stencils inhabiting it complete the package.

Luigi

So it's a reboxed Bilek?

Edited by RidgeRunner

1 hour ago, madcop said:

Hi Luigi

Could you please post some pics of the sprues and more if you can ...

I would be grateful to you .

Thanks

Madcop

Taking pics is not a problem, problem is uploading them, because since may road's cable got a nasty s/c, our telephone line is dead only ADSL1 works and I have the downstream of a pumped up ISDN line and the upstream of a drunk pigeon

11 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

So it's a reboxed Bilek?

It's not, it has typical RV detail and the differences between two seems to be located on the dorsal hump as Bilek got it a tad lower, it's more like an HD Bilek Mig-21UM and other parts dimensions are very similar (eyeball Mk.22) it just lacks the stencils data as per Bilek so at least one a/m decal set is needed

Luigi

O.K. Thanks Luigi.

I understand your situation . Good luck.

The most important is that it is not a re-boxed version. 

How are the clear parts (Canopy etc;;;) looking like ?

Madcop. 😊

7 hours ago, madcop said:

O.K. Thanks Luigi.

I understand your situation . Good luck.

The most important is that it is not a re-boxed version. 

How are the clear parts (Canopy etc;;;) looking like ?

Madcop. 😊

Yes, Madcop, that would be important. A sadly  poor area for accuracy in every MIG-21UM to date. 

Martin

<MORE SELF-PUBLICISING WITH A YOUTUBE LINK.  NOT YOUR DAY, IS IT?  TWO POSTS IN AND TWO POSTS BREAKING THE FEW RULES WE HAVE>

Edited by Mike
YouTube links to publicise your own channel aren't permitted on Britmodeller
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 13 July 2018 at 3:45 AM, Homebee said:

- ref. 72056 - MiG-21UM "Mongol" in box pics:

http://www.72news.eu/2018/07/rv-aircraft-mikoyan-mig-21um-big-inbox.html

DSC_0027.jpg

V.P.

Having seen the video and online review I see it looks remarkably like the Bilek kit, modified with more detail. More two concerns are 1) the dorsal spine is not the correct shape and falls in to the same Bilek and Kopro trap and 2) the canopy looks like they are also stuck to the older moulding, i.e. the wrong shape and framing. I'd be happy if they proved me wrong ;)

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

5 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Having seen the video and online review I see it looks remarkably like the Bilek kit, modified with more detail. More two concerns are 1) the dorsal spine is not the correct shape and falls in to the same Bilek and Kopro trap and 2) the canopy looks like they are also stuck to the older moulding, i.e. the wrong shape and framing. I'd be happy if they proved me wrong ;)

Martin

Even so, I ordered one! ;)

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

I received it and have to say it isn’t bad at all. It really reminds me of the Bilek, which I have part built. In fact I think I will stop work on that and start again with the RV, taking all that resin from the Bilek ;)

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...