1/144 SAS A330 (Revell conversion)

Hello everyone

Well, first of all i would like to claim myself a beginner.

This is my second kit after a pause of 12 or so years (i remember almost nothing from those times except some details have to be painted before glueing).

I mean i'm still learning. This is actually the first time i used putty, extensive sanding and a bit of weathering. Here i should stop whining.

Basically it is built out of the box except for that it's a conversion of the A340 bloody 'Wiener Philarmoniker' (for some reason noone chooses to build SAS scheme).

The Trents are from the Braz models. This was also the first time i worked with resin hence one of my major mistakes - the engine inlets of the trents are quite decently tilted, while mine are upright.

The choice of the gear up attitude was obvious as i have to hang the models to the ceiling. I was too scared to try making flaps down, besides main gear bogies are again decently tilted in flight.

Oh, and another major mistake is a tricky fuselage color, too yellowish to me.

Everything was spray-painted.

The decal were from Revell plus a little help from the Draw decals.

The weathering was done according to the a.net images which show the A330 SAS fleet surprisingly dirty.

Here we go

5c373d5a4a08.jpg

b08c64946c2c.jpg

9fa6c7b61d85.jpg

f415504230e0.jpg

The next oncoming is a baby bus a Revell's A319 with Bearbus Germanwings scheme (i'm considering not to post work in progress as there are dozens already here)

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by Mike
Copyrighted image removed - please link to Airliners.net instead
  • Like 2

Steve,

That is a beautifully finished airliner...

STUNNING...

I THINK YOU SHOULD do a work on progress { WIP } ..it does not matter that there Re so many of the same thing..

Just look at all those spitfire and

hawks and others being built..please do post your work in progress..people like ME enjoy watching them..

This Livery looks FABULOUS ...you did an AWESOME good job!!

Thanks for your kind words!

This is really encouraging!

Let be so! I will post work in progress of the Berlin-bus in december (fingers crossed for the Nazca decal)

Here's a photo might be a good visual reference for the future a330 convertors

Kit's CFM56-5C versus Rolls Royce Trent 700

1cc7bb78f19f.jpg

Steve