Harrier GR7 two tone green version

steve4428

Apologies, as this has been asked a million times before.................

Looking for the correct, ( or near as dammit), colours for a GR5 and GR7, project in the near future!

I usually use Humbrol, and Xtracolour, but was wondering if there are any Tamiya rattle cans that I could use ?

Regards

Steve

Quick drive-by: what are good acrylic equivalents?

Not sure, rather helpfully Hannants haven't got these 2 colours listed in their Xtracrylix range! If it helps you find some equivalents, their full BS381c numbers are 285 for the Nato Green and 18-B-25 for the Lichen Green, which I believe was also listed by ICI under the name Chive Green?

Mark.

I have used a mixture of paints on my "two greens" builds ... the GR5 used Precision Paint's NATO Green (enamel) on top and Xtracolor X24 (enamel) Lichen Green and the GR7 I used Precision Paint's NATO Green (enamel) on top and Humbrol 102 (acrylic) for the Lichen Green. You could try Tamiya's NATO Green for the NATO Green. If you can use the enamels, I'd go with the Xtracolor for the Lichen Green (better colour match* than Humbrol) and Precision Paint's NATO Green - the latter is a very nice paint for brush work, more acrylic-like in its properties than some enamels. But that's just my opinion.

* "colour matching" - the process by which you choose a paint that you want to use to represent real life as seen by you and only you.

Try CJ Aerosols http://www.cjaerosols.com they do both as 400 ml acrylic rattlecans ,I have used their RAF BG it is perfect .

lichen Green is down as spruce green.

Spruce Green is the BS name - Lichen Green was a brand colour name for the chosen BS4800 colour (Another range called it Chive).

Graham is right about visual colour matching - the paint was Infra-Red Reflective, and looked a different shade depending on the light!!