1/48 IAC Spitfire Tr.9

Number 11 for the year in my Irish builds. Brigand conversion with a Hasegawa IX. Made my own canopy and raided the spares bin for lots of the interior and exterior bits. Spastic looking Spitfire-especially in this scheme,,, but it sure grows on you. Enjoy

Pat

Tr9IAC002.jpg

Tr9IAC007.jpg

IACTr9002.jpg

IACTr9004.jpg

IACTr9003.jpg

IACTr9007.jpg

IACTr9009.jpg

IACTr9012.jpg

IACTr9017.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Patrick:

The perfect word for this job is SUPERB!!

Agree with all above, just a wonderful, very well done and unusual example.

I have seen in the mid to late eighties in the past century one conversion in 1/72 to use with the Matchbox kit and maybe in Ebay have the chance to get one to replicate yours, or maybe getting a nice plan to guide the saw and knife to cut plastic and make my own using one Italeri Mk IX I have.

The tip for making the canopy is a nice one, I was wondering what white material you have used to make the master.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Edited by Luis Alfonso
  • Like 1

Hey Patrick:

The perfect word for this job is SUPERB!!

Agree with all above, just a wonderful, very well done and unusual example.

I have seen in the mid to late eighties in the past century one conversion in 1/72 to use with the Matchbox kit and maybe in Ebay have the chance to get one to replicate yours, or maybe getting a nice plan to guide the saw and knife to cut plastic and make my own using one Italeri Mk IX I have.

The tip for making the canopy is a nice one, I was wondering what white material you have used to make the master.

Thank you very much for sharing,

I use Plaster of Paris to make masters. Usually, i prime them with a lacquer based automotive primer, sand to 1000 grit and seal with Future-but I got in a hurry one this one. One pull is okay without some sealer, but you run the risk of clouding the canopy. I got lucky... I used to original and made a male cast; although here I did not make a forward canopy.

• Like 1

Patrick,

Stunning. I especially like the work that you did with your own canopy.

Spits are one of my favorites. Congrats.

Karen

Edited by Belle

I use Plaster of Paris to make masters. Usually, i prime them with a lacquer based automotive primer, sand to 1000 grit and seal with Future-but I got in a hurry one this one. One pull is okay without some sealer, but you run the risk of clouding the canopy. I got lucky... I used to original and made a male cast; although here I did not make a forward canopy.

Hi Patrick:

Thank you very much for your kind answer and for sharing the tips, I have some model projects in mind and your tip are very very valuable for my modeling knowledge.

Cheers,