1/32 Hasegawa Bf109G-6 Lt Hartmann 9/JG52 Eastern Front 1942/1943

Continuing...

I have "futured" the canopy front and rear pieces and set them aside to dry. I have also shot a coat of "future" over the fuselage inners, cockpit and other painted parts in readiness for an oil wash. AS that is about as exciting as watching...well..."future" dry, I will spare you the photos.

I have turned my wandering attention to the wheel bays. Here is the RB productions Bf109G-6 wheel bay set:

006-12_zpsc86749a6.jpg

I have previously annealed the set and set it aside. There is a fair amount of chopping the kit up to remove plastic from the wheel well area. This involved using the RB saws, Micro chisel and a fair amount of swearing.

003-14_zpsbf05dc7b.jpg

I did manage to slightly damage the wing leading edge but it will be fixed in post production.

The wing upper had all the detail removed with a psuedo dremel and the two holes filled with Valejo acrylic putty and sanded. This will be covered by a PE piece and tidied up.

004-11_zps53058619.jpg

The wheel wells openings were trimmed to remove the area around the wheels to conform to the G-6 square shape:

007-12_zpsdca8c464.jpg

And this is where she stands at the moment:

001-12_zps6e4f6aa1.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality photos. My camera has had the Richard and I have to resort to my iPhone.

Thanks for looking,

Regards

Edited by Kahunaminor

Thanks for the supportive comments fellow modelers.

Alas, as I though, there I must leave it for the moment. I had planned to use the last week to blitz build but I have to travel to assist my father. His health is deteriorating and the family and I are travelling at short notice to sunny(?) Queensland to put some support mechanisms for him in place.

I will continue to build and post but it will be delayed so I would ask this be moved to the WIP area.

Many thanks for the support and congratulations to all those finished builds and those who shared their build experiences

Regards

• 1 month later...