1/72 Italeri UH-1B in RAAF colours

Here is the first model I made after moving to Western Australia almost 7 years ago, built from box as a RAAF machine. Brush painted acrylics and some water colour to make it a little dirty. Took it down from the shelf to clean and managed to break a few parts off that needed re-glueing so you could argue I completed a model this weekend.......

UH1B_1.jpg

UH1B_3.jpg

UH1B_4.jpg

• Like 4

Nice little Huey there Simon, thanks fro sharing it with us. We had one land on the Bulwark when we were off Northern Queensland in '66. Always ment to build one but as yet not.

As for Bruce's question, have a look at the Mongram kit in 48th, which was recently releaed under the Revell label.

Colin

Thanks Colin and Bruce. I vaguely remember seeing the Bulwark in Portsmouth Harbour when I was a little kid (Dad was working at the Defence Medical Equipment Depot in Ludgershall and a trip down to see HMS Victory and the ships in the Harbour was a regular holiday treat).

"As for Bruce's question, have a look at the Mongram kit in 48th, which was recently released under the Revell label."

Sorry, Heloman I should have been clearer!! I meant a DECENT 1/48 kit!!!!!!! :D

struggled with the Monogram one a couple of times, wayyyyyyyyyy overdue for a retool

Bruce

Looks great Simon :thumbsup:

I 'found' this kit in the stash the other day as a Testors boxing alond with an AH-64 ina Helicopter multipack. These toolings certainly get around. It had the same decals as yours too!

I will build it one day.

Very neat and proper build!

A photographic hint: when you're taking model pictures in harsh light, such as direct sunlight, you can bring the contrast down by having a white reflector sheet of som kind near the camera.

You can also kill the harshness by using semitranslucent, white fabric above the model.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Joachim - thanks for the photo hints!

Hi Tim - apologies for the delay in responding - been a manic couple of weeks. A cuppa sounds like a good idea, PM me and we can sort out a time and place.