1/48 - McDD F-4J + (UK) & S Phantom II by Zoukei-Mura - released - Quinta Studio cockpit set

Homebee

18 minutes ago, AntPhillips said:

You can pre-order to collect at Telford at £69.00, I wonder if there'll be an F-4J (UK) option on the decal sheet.

Er...

Of course the kit to be pre-released in Telford will include the decals reproducing the marking used in Britain back in those days.

I'd think so, yes...

Cheers,

S.

• Like 2

Source: http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_085.html

How to pre-order the "SWS 1/48 McDonnell Douglas F-4J Phantom II"
for the IPMS Telford 2016 Show

If you want to pre-order the kit, please contact us using the email address below no later than 23:59 on October 5th 2016 (Wed).

• * In order to prepare the reserved items, no pre-order will be accepted for any reason from October 6th 2016.
  • * Please pay for your kit at the venue (IPMS Telford 2016 Zoukei-mura booth).
  • * Only cash payment (in GBP) will be accepted.
  • * We will try to accommodate any storage request, but we ask for your understanding in case of sell-out.
  • * Reserved items must be picked up on November 12th (Sat) 2016 from 9:00 to 15:00, at the Zoukei-mura booth.
  • * In case pickup is not possible in the above mentioned time, please let us know via email when you make your pre-order, or no later than the pre-order deadline (Oct.5).
  • * Reservation will be cancelled if you don't pick up your item before 15:00 on November 12th (Sat) 2016.

Mail us at the following address to reserve and pick up
the F-4 at IPMS Telford 2016
[email protected]
Pre-order deadline is 23:59 on October 5th 2016 (Wed)
(Japanese Time).

img_085b002.jpg

Assembled F-4J out of the box.

Without adding anything and without doing any work on the parts. Just out of the box, that is what you get with this F-4. Beautiful outline, sturdy form, and impressive balance, the SWS 1/48 F-4J is assembled in front of your eyes.

img_085b003.jpg

Pay attention to the accurate representation of the F-4 outer shape.

"This is an F-4 but it's not a real F-4 at all…"I have got this sad feeling many times until now. I bought so many F-4 kits so far that ended up in despair. These F-4 kits were F-4, but at the same time there were not real F-4. It is finally time to part from that miserable feeling.

img_085b004.jpg

Let me introduce you what makes this kit an SWS!

First of all, the representation of the giant, complex air intakes. It is nice to see the J-79-10 engines through the intakes. There has never been an F-4 kit in 1/48 scale which areas around the intakes had been reproduced so accurately. In addition, we could make this in an amazing realism while keeping a low parts number.

img_085b005_01.jpg
img_085b005_02.jpg
img_085b005_03.jpg
img_085b005_04.jpg

Don't miss the cockpit too.

This is the best we could do with a 1/48 scale. The complexity of the real aircraft's cockpit is exceptional anyway. That's why it has always been difficult to turn it into a kit. But this F-4 has gone to a higher level, overcoming the common knowledge. What will it look like once you have worked on it?
To me, this is already fine. I am more than satisfied!

img_085b006_01.jpg
img_085b006_02.jpg

So, let's see some assembly!

We have come this far with the F-4 Instruction Manual. To make sure you will not lose any part, cut only the parts used for assembly, put them into a container, and refine them with sand papers, a shaping chisel or a file. Be careful especially when you work on the emergency ejection handle as it is easy to break because of its shape and thickness. The PRO-ZETSU Nippers from the "Old Man's 7 Tools" will save you the hustle here. PRO-ZETSU Plastic Modeling Chisel, capable of 90 degrees precise cuts, also shows its strength in these situations.

img_085b007_01.jpg
img_085b007_02.jpg

[Note] This is a test shot, so the color of the parts will differ.

The cockpit is complete. Plug it on the right side of the fuselage, and adjust left and right sides of the fuselage to test-fit. Make sure you understand well the cementing positions. Rather than on the underside of the fuselage, use extra thin cement on its right side to fix the parts, and let it dry. (If you use extra thin cement, the cement dries in 2 or 3 minutes.)

img_085b008.jpg

Make sure you have fixed the cockpit on the exact position on the right side of the fuselage, and then proceed to the fuselage assembly. Adjust left and right, and also top and bottom lines of the fuselage. Please test-fit the parts as much as you can. If you think that "ah no, this is an easy cake…", and cement straight-away, you might be crying later.

So how was this introduction to the SWS F-4J build out of the box?

So let's make a break for this time.

Next time we will move on to the assembly of the J79ー10 engine and the work around the intakes.
Also, I will show you the pictures of all the runners. Please look forward to it.

This is it for today.
A very hard, technical work on the tooling is actually necessary to reproduce in 1/48 scale the details of a jet-fighter's cockpit. But we tried our best to represent everything we could with this F-4 kit. Now it's up to you and your high skills to take it to an even higher level.

Please wait for "F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2" entry!!

See you next week then. TV News is reporting that another typhoon is going to hit Japan.

Well, looks like heavy rain will follow.

Hideyuki Shigeta
Representative of Zoukei-mura

V.P.

• Like 1

Source: http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/sentiment/oyajiblog_086.html

The Giant of the Jet-fighters
F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2

▋This time we will start with paragraph 009 from the Instruction Manual: the nose cone, which has a "top" and "bottom" side. Pay attention to the assembly of the nose cone with the main body of the aircraft, and please test fit as many times as possible in order not to leave any space between the parts after assembly.

img_086b002_01.jpg
img_086b002_02.jpg
img_086b002_03.jpg
img_086b002_04.jpg
img_086b002_05.jpg

▋Here is the assembly until paragraph 26. Next time I will show you the process from paragraph 27 to 45, which covers every other part of the SWS 1/48 F-4J. Please look forward to it.

From the nose cone to the engines, fuselage, and main wings.
spanLet's see all of them at once this time.

img_086b003_01.jpg

▋D Runner
Nose cone, air intakes.

img_086b003_02.jpg

▋H Runner
Upper fuselage, detailed components.

img_086b003_03.jpg

▋C Runner
Cockpit, detailed components.

img_086b003_04.jpg

▋E Runner
Engine main bodies, air intakes, landing gears.

img_086b003_05.jpg

▋B Runner
Fuselage lower surface, main wings.

img_086b003_06.jpg

▋I Runner
Tail, instrument panel.

img_086b003_07.jpg

▋F Runner (two pieces)
Missiles, belly tank.

img_086b003_08.jpg

▋A Runner
Main fuselage. Pay attention to the sharp mold of the air intakes.

img_086b003_09.jpg

▋G Runner
Canopy. clear parts.

img_086b003_10.jpg

▋I attach the nose-cone to the fuselage. This is one of the highlights of the F-4. Be cautious when you proceed. The nose-cone components have an upper and a lower direction too. Please do not rush during the work, be careful to the attaching areas of every component and test-fit the parts again and again to make sure there is no space in between. Be careful not to cut both parts too much.

img_086b003_11.jpg

▋I build two engines. Here it is necessary to build upper and lower sides of the air ducts and attach them to the engines. The structure of the engines is simple, but it would be nice to test your skills on one engine and to display it to see how it looks. Just upgrading this J79-GE-10 engine is enough fun!

img_086b003_12.jpg

▋Pay attention to the tiny details under the main wings. There are the results of thorough research that kept us busy for long years. I get somehow excited just by looking at the wing parts. Say what? You too? Well, that is just what F-4 modeler/fans are supposed to be like!

img_086b003_13.jpg

▋I mount the J79-10 engines and air ducts in the main wings. The F-4 outrageous power was spread out from here. The feeling of completeness is dramatically different if you have these molds made or not. Unfortunately you cannot see the engines after building the kit, but their figures will stay vivid in your mind. This is the real power of SWS kits!!

img_086b003_14.jpg

▋Rear view of the J79-10 and air ducts. You can almost hear the sound of the twin-jet engines piercing your ears. Oooh I cannot resist anymore!!!

img_086b003_15.jpg

▋Finally the time has come to put together the engines, the main wings and the fuselage. Please do meticulous test-fit, and then assemble precisely every part. If you assemble these parts accurately, there will be no space between the fuselage and the main wings, so you can be confident and move on smoothly.

img_086b003_16.jpg

▋Rear view of the whole assembly. Please look at the shapes of the fuselage, beautifully and precisely represented. The power and the charm of Phantom cannot be told without representing these shapes. At this point you can already enjoy much of the Phantom's beauty. Yeaaaah, this aircraft called F-4 is really cool.

img_086b003_17.jpg

▋Right side of the beautiful mold of the fuselage. For some reason there are so many Phantom fans around the world and this is the utmost proof. Yaaaaay!!

img_086b003_18.jpg

▋Sooo, the fuselage and the main wings finally joint together. This volume and presence, never seen in any Phantom kit so far, are one of the main highlights of this kit. I want it, the best 1/48 Phantom! That dream is finally about to come true so I cannot help but being happy.

img_086b003_19.jpg

▋Bottom view of the work so far. How is it? This F-4 Phantom looks stunning! Don't you feel the presence of the king of jet-fighters spreading all over? That shape that only an SWS kit can represent accurately is coming at you.

So, that's it for today.

Next time I will finally show you the main wheels and armament.

The time has finally come for the "best F-4 in 1/48 scale!" I was dreaming about to be gradually revealed.

Despite being in 1/48 scale, this F-4 is, as expected, a huge double-twin engine aircraft.
It is not so common to see such a power and a charming shape all enclosed in this big aircraft.

No matter how you see it, this F-4 scale model will revive by the touch of your hands. Please be patient for a little longer.

It's coming on!!

Hideyuki Shigeta
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

That's what SWS are saying, you can pick up the finished kits at Telford, if you pre-order by 6 Oct.

It looks absolutely superb doesn't it.

At first I was thinking a bit pricey, but if there is no need for any aftermarket detail, correction or weapons sets then it represents good value.

I really hope that one day they will get around to doing the FG.1/FGR.2 - a few prayers will be answered then.

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 71chally said:

That's what SWS are saying, you can pick up the finished kits at Telford, if you pre-order by 6 Oct.

It looks absolutely superb doesn't it.

At first I was thinking a bit pricey, but if there is no need for any aftermarket detail, correction or weapons sets then it represents good value.

I really hope that one day they will get around to doing the FG.1/FGR.2 - a few prayers will be answered then.

I'm coming round to the same conclusion, initially I thought £69 was too high a price but it does appear there's an awful lot of detail straight out of the box. 

• Like 2

Think they've missed a trick with they're ordering policy for Telford, should have stated 1 (or 2) kits max per person. I'm assuming this is a limited pre release, there will be plenty people thinking about ordering 5 or so to make quick money on evilbay, they'll be disappointed!

3 hours ago, Muzz said:

Think they've missed a trick with they're ordering policy for Telford, should have stated 1 (or 2) kits max per person. I'm assuming this is a limited pre release, there will be plenty people thinking about ordering 5 or so to make quick money on evilbay, they'll be disappointed!

At £69 I'll just stick to the one!

Looks good though.

7 hours ago, 71chally said:

Looking at the sprues, interesting that the outer leading edge flaps aren't separate like the centre ones.

Exquisite molding though.

Does anyone know who their UK sales outlets are?

Indeed I was thinking the same about the leading edge flaps...

If they want to follow on with the F-4C/D, those would have the inner part of the leading edge moving as well.  So unless they mold a completely new wing for those (unlikely), this will be more work for the modeller (or aftermarket?)

I also wonder if they will include some sort of underwing strengthening strap as fitted on the F-4J(UK), similar to the F-4S? Time will tell...

Despite those (very) minor issues, I am very excited about this release!!!

Pre-order done :-) If the internal canopy parts and stabilisers from Jeffrey (Hyperscale) fit i am really happy.

looks like a super kit.

Look at the tail end @ Jeffrey K that one looks spot on.

5 hours ago, Muzz said:

If you look at page 85 of the blog, the page with the pre-order e-mail address, I think you'll find there is a one per person limit.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2016 at 10:41 AM, guillaume320 said:

If they want to follow on with the F-4C/D, those would have the inner part of the leading edge moving as well. 

Those ZM leading edge (LE) flaps are a "mystery" since, as pointed out, either two or three per wing lowered, depending on the model. Note however, that "sometime" during their service life, C models had the inner section fixed in the retracted position. As a minimum, as 71chally suggested, outer LE flaps are needed.

Hard to believe ZM could have missed that considering their extensive research, but they also missed the fact that the trailing edge flaps are locked in the up position when the airplane is powered down ... as opposed to the ailerons which gradually droop as hydraulic pressure bleeds off. (The instructions' steps 24 and 25 appear to suggest that both flaps and ailerons are "positionable").  

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gene K said:

Hard to believe ZM could have missed that considering their extensive research, but they also missed the fact that the trailing edge flaps are locked in the up position when the airplane is powered down ... as opposed to the ailerons which gradually droop as hydraulic pressure bleeds off. (The instructions' steps 24 and 25 appear to suggest that both flaps and ailerons are "positionable").  

I would have thought that the leading and trailing edge flaps would move in unison.  So if either was down, the other would be as well.  ZM had to give the trailing edge flaps separately as well in order to be correct.  I agree most of the times the flaps were 'up' when parked, but I don't mind having them separate in any case.

A notable exception to this 'flap up parking policy' were the Luftwaffe Phantoms: They always (well, almost) seemed to park with the flaps down, and funnily this seemed to prevent the ailerons from dropping when parked.  Maybe trapped fluid?  A more in depth study of the hydraulic and flight control system would be required... The leading edge on those Phantoms was different of course, having slats instead of flaps...

In any case, my enthusiasm for this kit hasn't diminished as it really looks exquisite :)

G

Just pre-ordered mine. Looks like this is the definitive 1:48 Phantom kit. It doesn't look like anything needs "correcting" as with the Academy kit, but perhaps some enhancing can be looked into which I will do over the winter months after Telford. But I'm sure Eduard et al. are working on their sets already....

J

• Like 1

Can no longer recall if it's Block 26 which introduced the fixed inboard L/E flaps but, in any event, Z-M need to redesign the inner and outer wing parts to cater for the separate L/E BLC flaps, and extend them inboard for most Bs, Cs, Ds and RF-4Cs.

Otherwise they've failed to raise the game in what would be a big but "easy" step up over existing kits.

As somebody else pointed out, for late life F-4J's and F-4J(UK)'s there is steel belly strap running across the lower wing torque box skin. Etch would probably be better than a plastic part in 1/48th scale.

The Sparrow well insert suggests there exists two well parts for either loaded or no missiles (the rear geometry changing when AIM-7s were installed). Good job! 

Separate MLG tyres and hubs. Yes, the message is getting through. NLG? Thank goodness for fineline Gundam markers. Good inlets and afterburner tube details. One piece canopy parts that look as if the front quarters can be made to look like the real thing - oh yeah, baby! 

Very enticing kit, but at the same street price as a 1/32 Tamiya F-4J it's got to offer a little extra. To my mind 1/48 scale is for doing things in twos or threes, and proportionately £69 is the stiffest release price in decades (since Hasegawa's brand new F-4B and J kits which cost £10-11 apiece back in June 1983). But it's exciting all the same, and with more to follow!

Tony 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More pics

Source: https://www.facebook.com/volksusascale/posts/1748938682034416

[SWS 1/48 McDonnell Douglas F-4J Phantom II]

This week we have shown you most of the parts of the SWS 1/48 McDonnell Douglas F-4J Phantom II.

Today we’ll show you the underside of the SWS 1/48 F-4J Even from the bottom, there is just so much for detail for you to explore!

Not only are you building this kit, you are creating your very own aircraft!

It is just short of flying! Remember that pre-orders are going to open soon!

14462749_1748938408701110_27511779611456

14495489_1748938472034437_36841902007012

14446202_1748938642034420_25640206681553

V.P.

Source: http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_087.html

F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3

SWS fans around the world, how are you doing?

I am glad to deliver you the third part of the "F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura", from Kyoto (Japan) where the fall sun is finally shining.

Still two months to go until the release of our new SWS 1/48 F-4J.

Thanks to this blog you can go ahead and enjoy that beauty.

This time I will go through the attachment of the main wings' front edge slates, followed by the assembly of the landing gears, the missile armament and the belly tank, and I will finish with the canopy assembly and how to attach it to the kit. Everything is explained in this blog entry.

I am really sad I cannot show you any beautiful mass-produced F-4J runner part or the build of the finished kit, since this is just a test shot sample.

But, just building the sample gets me into high-spirits, and I feel a kind of satisfaction that I cannot explain by words.

I am also looking forward to seeing how you will appreciate this kit once it will be in your hands.

So let's enjoy the build together to the very end.

img_087b002_01.jpg
img_087b002_02.jpg
img_087b002_03.jpg
img_087b002_04.jpg
img_087b002_05.jpg

Ok!!! From here, I am going through the whole assembly, until its very end!!

img_087b003_01.jpg

▋Pay attention to the front and rear landing gears. Despite being made with few parts, they are robust and you can fix their orientation easily when assembling. The struts are also easy to assemble. Wheel moldings are awesome too. Next is up to your painting, so please do your best.

img_087b003_02.jpg

▋Some smoke on the canopy?
Yes, there is. The reason is that this canopy has not undergone the final polishing process yet. But no worries, all the parts included in the kit are beautifully polished. Furthermore, we have reproduced the inner back-mirror piece as a separate part too. Parts are small so be careful not to lose any.

img_087b003_03.jpg

▋The belly tank is fully equipped in this SWS kit, and suits this fuel-gluttonous F-4 jet fighter. The fitting of left and right parts is also perfect. After cementing with strong permeating cement, you can reproduce pretty curved lines by applying softly a file or a chisel, and then polish with sandpaper.

img_087b003_04.jpg

▋AIM-7E Sparrow missiles and air-to-air missiles are also reproduced with the highest detail possible. The cross-sections of the wings, the mounting pylons and the missile racks… The finishes that are usual for modern aircrafts adorn this F-4J.

img_087b003_09.jpg

▋Before attaching the missiles. As one of the highlights of this kit, please do not overlook the reproduction of the voluminous and accurate cross-section of the radome. The exquisite curved lines take out the best of this F-4.

img_087b003_10.jpg

▋Main landing gears, belly tank and each missile are now equipped. The thoroughly reproduced main wings' details enhance the so unique F-4 power. Even if it is just an uncomplete sample kit, I want to build, build and build it again. That's how enjoyable this kit is.

img_087b003_11.jpg

▋The strong landing gears, the accuracy of each flap, the air brakes and the inner side of the gear covers… All the molds are refined with stunning realism. I want to look at these forever.

img_087b003_13.jpg

▋See here. Such detailed landing gears reproduced with such a few number of parts. The shape of the components has been thought so that the orientation of the parts and the assembly itself can be figured out at a glance. But do not forget to test fit and proceed cautiously with your assembly.

img_087b003_12.jpg

▋This is the coolest point of this SWS Phantom!
The highlights of the nose part! From the downward cockpit side to the front of the ram air intakes, the change in the cross-section line has been accurately reproduced. You must look at the representation of the cross-section of the downward cockpit side with your eyes. This gigantic F-4 is enjoyable even when you turn it upside down.

img_087b003_26.jpg
img_087b003_27.jpg

▋See the mold of the landing gears, air brakes, and the heat sink. These parts have also been represented with the utmost details. The large holes opened in the main wings are to mount the pylons for weaponry. Do not forget to open them before cementing the top and bottom of the wing parts.

img_087b003_23.jpg

▋The cockpit has been reproduced as accurately as possible for a 1/48 kit. The instrument panel and the side consoles are reproduced with their meters. Also, a fine decal sheet is provided to level up the instrument panel and the side console accuracy. You can expect a stunning finish by using it. This way, you can also reproduce the scene when the probe pipe is used during in-air refueling. Say what! The Martin Baker Mk.7 ejection seat has also been reproduced in seven parts.

img_087b003_14.jpg

▋The assembly of each equipment is done. I just have to attach them to the plane. Since this time I have been given three sample kits with three different levels of completion, I just put them together in disarray so there are still some troublesome parts. Do not worry, the kit you will receive will not have any problem of that kind, so please enjoy your F-4 assembly without rush.

img_087b003_15.jpg
img_087b003_16.jpg
img_087b003_17.jpg

▋The full equipment of the SWS F-4J kit is now complete. Only modelers who built this kit themselves can see this. Look at these three pictures showing different views. The more you look, the more the figure of Phantom, arguably named a masterpiece of jet-fighters, seems to pop up. Not visible from here, but on the top surface of the wings there are the bulges typical of J / C / D types (to balance the thickness of the tires). This delicate mold has also been accurately reproduced.

img_087b003_18.jpg

▋Do not forget to open the holes.
I also forgot to open them in the main wings before assembly… I had a lot of pitiful experiences where I had to look for the holes by guessing. Since the main wings are thin, do not cement the upper and lower parts together. If you do so, even by warming the parts to the sun or piercing them with a needle, you will get nothing but a ruthless result.

img_087b003_19.jpg
img_087b003_20.jpg

▋I may repeat myself but… Please look at the picture of the downside again, it's just so cool! This view is something only a modeler (meaning you!) can enjoy. Of course, the subtle cross-section changes of the underside of the fuselage and the main wings, as well as the molds of each part are accurately reproduced. In addition, the stabilizer slots are realistically reproduced as thin as possible. Designed to be glued without any distortion but right thickness, it is perfect for the F-4's main wings.

img_087b003_21.jpg

▋Three F-4J sample kits line-up.
See, the volume of the intakes largely spreading on left and right sides, and the rear neck are accurately represented. This is a staple when it comes to represent a Phantom. Looking at the F-4 beautiful shape under different angles is also one of the funs of scale modeling. From now on, if you reproduce the painting you prefer, you will enjoy your kit for years even after completion. If you are to buy this kit, you should get three pieces! No kidding.

img_087b003_22.jpg

▋For sure, I am not the only one stuck in love with the back of the beautiful F-4! I have always craved for this powerful and beautiful form of the F-4 to be somehow reproduced, so now I am more than happy!! I am also confident in the molds of the tail and the elevators, and in this sharp finish. Absolutely recommended. See here, we reproduce in separate parts how to show the presence/absence of the antenna fairing and also the tip of the tail fin. For some reason, the cover of the drag chute of this kit has not been attached yet.

img_087b003_24.jpg

▋You can see the J79 engine through the huge air intakes. Sorry but this is the best of the details I can show you with my camera. The real and enchanting sight will be clear once you have completed the kit. Naturally, this kit shows all the differences between the J79-10 engine used in the J type and the J79-15 engine used in the C/D types. You can level it up and also showcase one piece next to the finished kit! Do your best!

img_087b003_25.jpg

▋An SWS-ish exhaust nozzle mold.
Same here, we added as many details as possible for a 1/48 scale. It seems like you can hear the rumble and the vibration when the afterburner is fully opened. In addition, the representation of the heat-resistant part of the fuselage-back downside is also dramatically realistic. You can enjoy the mold of each part of the gigantic hanger hooks.

img_087b003_05.jpg
img_087b003_06.jpg

▋Color guide and a detailed instruction booklet on how to attach the decal are included in this SWS F-4J kit. Complete the aircraft and take time to attach the decals on each part. Starting with you, plenty of F-4 modelers/fans have been waiting for this. That's my favorite time.

img_087b003_08.jpg
img_087b003_07.jpg

▋One more highlight from this SWS F-4J kit!
Here is the decal sheet made by Cartograf in Italy. Detailed and elaborated. Enjoy the complete work with the excellent decal adorning all over the finished kit.

img_087b003_28.jpg

▋Last but not least, let me introduce you two types of cement that I use for modeling. On the left is "Mr. CEMENT S". Cement with excellent penetration and used when your parts are split in left/right sides. Press the sides with your fingers and flow the cement between the parts. It will dry up in a few seconds. On the right is "Cemedine for plastic models". Thickened glue, you need just a small quantity to glue tiny parts at once. Then, you should have some time to adjust the parts' orientations and positions with tweezers.

• ◆Press with your fingertips the upper/lower wings, belly tank, fuselage or tires, and let the cement flow in between. Mr. Cement works well here.
  • ◆Useful to glue small parts in a specific position.

Well, how was the prior taste of the SWS 1/48 F-4J?

SWS 1/48 F-4J has finally entered its final production stage.

Package, instruction manual, paint guide and also decals, everything is ready.
Of course, all these stuff will be awesome and ready when the kit will be released.

In case you are interested in: there are 10 runners in total, clear parts included.
In addition, a decal sheet made by Cartograf and a paint guide contained in the fine instruction manual make this kit a real luxury.

Package size: Length 28.5cm x Width 41.5cm x Height 10.5cm.

The package is the same as the SWS 1/32 Shinden. Look forward to it.

Japanese release is scheduled for December 23rd (Friday - National Holiday). Except a long delay in shipping due to weather conditions, port strike or any other incidents, the F-4J kit should be in your hands in a not too long time.
* For the customers who pre-order the kit, the delivery will be a little bit earlier.

So, if you want the kit even a little bit earlier, I definitely recommend you to pre-order it.

Well, next time I will finally show you for the first time the SWS F-4J fully painted kit made by the famous pro-finisher: Master Naoki Kobayashi. This build will be published in the Concept Note.

See you then!!

Hideyuki Shigeta

V.P.

Not only F4-J but also F-4S ! See herebelow. 

Source: http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_088.html

F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4

From Kyoto, where autumn sky is finally clear.

"Hi SWS brothers!"

This entry of "F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura" will show you the F-4 finished kit made by the hands of Mr. Naoki Kobayashi. You will see this kit on the "SWS F-4J Concept Note" that is currently under production.

As usual, Mr. Kobayashi's works show an incredible completeness plus a sense of calmness and ease, no matter how or when you look at them.

Any finished work reflects the personality of its creator, including his experience, just like a mirror. That's what I believe.

And there are also finished works that make anyone admiring it instantly fall into silence.

These are kits with the best painting techniques and sensitivity that must be expressed with amazing precision.

Even though beautifully painted, if every part underneath and every piece of the kit is not assembled with utmost care and fine technique, that impressive painting and its embedded sense of completeness will never arise.

Furthermore, from each small part to large parts, the assembly itself shows long years of work experience and the "unity" concept of the work.

Then, there is the beauty of the aircraft. Somehow hard to grasp, in case there is no underlying sensibility, it will end up as an inconsistent work.

From 1/32 SWS Shinden to this 1/48 SWS F-4J.

Mr. Naoki Kobayashi who can handle the SWS finished kits alone is one of these "masters". I am not afraid to say that if there is a person worthy of that name in the aircraft model world, that's him.

This time, the "master" used all of his finest skills to finish this SWS F-4J. I introduce it in advance, but you will see that deeply enjoyable work on the "F-4 Concept Note", scheduled to be on sale the same day as the kit.

So, let's enjoy together this cool, finished SWS F-4J kit!

img_088b003.jpg
img_088b004.jpg
img_088b005.jpg
img_088b006.jpg
img_088b007.jpg
img_088b008.jpg

▋The brave F-4J by Mr. Naoki Kobayashi. How does it look like?
"Phantom", the masterpiece of jet fighters. You will never get weary of looking at startling design no matter when and how many times you look at it.

I wonder what kind of paint you guys will choose to represent this fierce figure. I wish you a good job.

Starting with the IPMS Telford customers, thank you very much for all the SWS "F-4J"pre-orders we received from the world.

It has already been six years since we started developing the SWS kits at Zoukei-mura.

And this time, pre-orders hit a new record! The 1/48 F-4 kit deserves it. Thank you on behalf of the whole Development Team.

You guys who kindly pre-ordered the kit will have it delivered earlier than anyone else! Enjoy the prior taste of the F-4J a little more, until that day comes.

And, to answer the outstanding rush of pre-orders we received… here we go!!!!!!!!!!

The "S" type of SWS F-4 series is already here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

img_088b009.jpg
img_088b010.jpg

▋This F-4 belonged to the VF-161 "Chargers" unit on the F-4S Midway carrier. Also assigned to Atsugi Base in Japan, the aircraft is familiar also to Japanese F-4 fans.
The particularity of the S-type is "the front edge slats on inner/outer wings" as seen in the SWS kit. As long-awaited from the fans, this kit, reproduced without missing any of the improvements from the J-type, will be released right after the J-type. Wait for it!!

Yes!!

"S" for Superb!!

The famous "S" will be displayed for the first time at the IPMS Telford, simultaneously with the first available lot of J-types (including the pre-orders). The "S" kit is scheduled for release early next year. Moreover, Mr. Naoki Kobayashi himself will be at the venue to comment the "S" kit with his broken English, which is why he is attending an English conversation boot camp!

Only you guys coming at the IPMS will see this "S" type.

Enjoy Mr. Kobayashi's half-English/half-Japanese explanations.

img_088b011.jpg

▋You are the first ones in the world to get this "SWS F-4J"!!
We have finished the preparations of the Zoukei-mura booth to welcome you at the IPMS Telford on November 12th (Sat).

Dear guys who pre-ordered the kit, be patient for a little while.

At the event, the F-4J will be offered first to the people who pre-ordered it. After that, it will be available to anyone else until our stock lasts, so head to Zoukei-mura booth as soon as you can. We will be waiting for you.

*The quantity of kits we can prepare for the event is limited. Please note that we might sell it out.

Well, this entry will be a turning point for this "F-4: the Answer" series.

It's up to you to keep us running until we complete the whole series of F-4 Phantom, from the J-type to the S, C, D, J (Marine ver.) types, then to each E, F, G and EJ long-nose types, to eventually finish with the Spey engine mounted types.

Now, I have got no expectations for stubborn dudes who are like "SWS kit? Never gonna buy one!"

But you, who read this blog and think "well I might buy an SWS kit, it depends on the subject"!

Take the chance and get one… nah, at least three SWS F-4, no kidding.

(...)

See ya!

Hideyuki Shigeta

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

So SWS is going to make one of my dreams come true? They've got me Kelly Brook?! Awww, thanks, I'll pick her up at Telford!

Seriously though, cannot wait to pick the pre-order up at Telford. Also seriously interested in the further F-4 variants, hope they get to the Spey versions they mention (and the Long Nose).

Edited by March
  • Like 1