1/48 - McDD F-4J + (UK) & S Phantom II by Zoukei-Mura - released - Quinta Studio cockpit set

Homebee

I know this is only a mock up or very early test shot (most probably the former) but I see nothing here that would prise me away from my new-generation Academy F-4J with all the superb aftermarket that I have accumulated……now if Z-M had focussed on a Hawker Tempest, Bristol Beaufighter, A-26 Invader, Hawker Hunter, F-4K/M Phantom, Buccaneer or Jaguar that would have been a different matter !.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Mmmmmmh, see-through slots on the stabilators, nice!! And the tail end of the fuselage looks very nice too, so much better than that Academy concoction.

But what's going on with those Sgt. Fletcher tanks? Is it me or do they look like they're getting thicker towards the front?? They should have a straight, cylindrical centre body.

Jeffrey

Nice tail slats, and provision for drooping leading edge flaps by the looks, nice cockpit detail, looking good!

Probably a perspective issue with the tanks shot, the last photo definitely features it.

Please let there be an FG.1/FG.2 next!

Not that impressed. Not up to SWS standards anyway...

So, going for it depends highly on the price, more than being an exceptionally good kit compared to the others (Hasegawa, Academy).

Not that impressed. Not up to SWS standards anyway...

HUH? That's as hilarious as it is confusing. What exactly is dampening your enthusiasm? Have you seen the plastic in person?

(Well, when you do, I think you'l change your opinion). :thumbsup:

Gene K

I can clearly see that it is not having a full internal details, like most of their other kits.

Not even full engines or a radar.

This is what we are used to expecting form SWS.

So, on that perspective, not impressed at all...

I can clearly see that it is not having a full internal details, like most of their other kits.

Not even full engines or a radar.

This is what we are used to expecting form SWS.

So, on that perspective, not impressed at all...

Maybe they have realized that is not what most people want.

Edited by Tbolt
  • Like 1

I can clearly see that it is not having a full internal details, like most of their other kits. ...

The kit does have 2 engines, but not to the high detail you are so obviously expecting ... so I can understand your utter disappointment.

For "whatever reason", the sprue having the engines and full intakes was not on display at the US IPMS Nationals. However, the ZM reps were kind enough to show me a complete test kit, and there's more than enough internal detail for me. The engine was not super detailed, and I got the impression that was intentional. For me, the engine will serve as a place holder/spacer for the engine face and exhaust.

Gene K

Opps - didn't see your post while I was typing Jeffrey.

Edited by Gene K

HUH? That's as hilarious as it is confusing. What exactly is dampening your enthusiasm? Have you seen the plastic in person?

I agree. There is no need for such negativity. Every new release should be a source of joy!

This is not negativity. It is how I felt from what I saw so far.

Negativity would be to start criticism before the kit gets completed (as a review sample), like it so often happens in this forum.

I can only accept that while not being a native English speaker, I have given the wrong impression.

I hope this is clarified now.

Cheers...

From ZM's Facebook page:

13872832_1723253547936263_46665334191243

J

Now this is something good.

And it appears that at least the main engine body is a single piece mold...

Edited by DIO

• 3 weeks later...

Source: http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_084.html

And this is our upcoming kit 1/48 F-4J exposed at the venue in Columbia.
Maybe!!
I say maybe, we will be able to have this 1/48 F-4 J ready for the UK IPMS to be held in Telford in November!!
Now, in front of me there is the latest SWS kit, the F-4 J mock-up completed.
If everything goes well, we might probably, not surely, have some dozens ready for a limited pre-release at the venue.
Then we just have the last assembly check; canopy cleaning, decals and instruction manuals are headed fast to their completion.
Of course the kit to be pre-released in Telford will include the decals reproducing the marking used in Britain back in those days.
Dear F-4 fans living in Europe, keep an eye on the next entry of this blog.

img_084b2201.jpg

img_084b2202.jpg

Still a mock-up, but here is how the runners of this cool F-4 J look.
An F-4 J plastic model like the real machine, as I saw it in my dreams, is about to be born, finally.

img_084b2203.jpg

John-san, a huge Phantom-freak, is wholeheartedly lecturing customers. He wants D and N types too.
All good, John-san. Your dream is my dream, you know.

The SWS that drew most of the attention at Zoukei-mura booth was this 1/48 F-4 J mock-up!! This one that we brought still has some details to work on; every day we have been begged so many times by kit manufacturers, publisher, extra parts maker and the many, overexcited F-4 fans to bring the latest test shot of this F-4 J, which is still under development.
"Oooooh perfect!!" "Amazing!" "Magic!""
I kept hearing these cheerful voices, in spite of having just a mock-up exposed.
"Why starting with J type?" "What about S type?" "N type should come first." "G type?" "F-4 is just E type!!"
And so on, I was continuously stricken by this kind of questions all the time, which was quite exciting.
"Please relax. If J type sells good, we will move to B and C and D and E, we will make them all!!"

And that's it.
From now on for a while this blog will be centered on 1/48 SWS F-4 so get ready for it.
If you have been searching for the ultimate F-4 in 1/48 scale, you just need to wait a little longer.
In the next entry I might let you know the release schedule for the first SWS F-4 J.
And also how to be among the first in the world to get this F-4 J.
Dear fans of the F-4 J, don't miss next entry!!

V.P.

• Like 3

Of course the kit to be pre-released in Telford will include the decals reproducing the marking used in Britain back in those days.

Dear F-4 fans living in Europe, keep an eye on the next entry of this blog.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/volksusascale/posts/1745702079024743

[SWS F-4J Phantom II Pre-order information!]

On October 8th, VOLKS USA will have pre-orders for the SWS 1/48 McDonnell Douglas F-4J Phantom II! 
The pre-orders are planned to be shipped out on December. 
Once preparations for the webstore are ready, our facebook will inform you of any new developments! 
Until then, please enjoy this fine post of The Old Man Blog while waiting! 

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1