Finished Commission Builds

These are my latest finished commission builds, there are three 1/144 vacforms and one resin 1/72 scale model, please check out my website for more models

www.pro-modelling.co.uk

This is Magna Models resin 1/72 Short Seamew, the kit came with no decals so they were either made or added from my spares box. The model is weathered using pastels.

DSCF1059.jpg

DSCF1058.jpg

DSCF1057.jpg

This is the Welsh Models vacform 1/144 Handley Page Hastings, all the decals were either made or from my spares.

DSCF1072.jpg

DSCF1071.jpg

DSCF1074.jpg

This one is Welsh Models Vacform again and is in 1/144 scale, the model is the aerospatiale ATR-42 and is in AirWales livery.

DSCF1067.jpg

DSCF1070.jpg

DSCF1068.jpg

Finally this is Welsh Models again and is 1/144 scale and a vacform, this is the smallest vacform I have ever done and a lot of it had to be scratchbuilt, the livery is for Air Uk 1983

DSCF1061.jpg

DSCF1062.jpg

DSCF1063.jpg

DSCF1065.jpg

All of the builds look great, especially the Short 330 (you don't often see those)! As for the Seamew, incredible build as well but I didn't think there could be an aircraft more ungainly looking than a Fairey Gannet with its double cockpit and tiny props. The Seamew almost looks like an eggplane version of a Gannet to my eye. Who would commission a build for one of those?

Thanks for sharing!

Great to see the Seamew and SD330 builds. Have them both in my stash, but have yet to tackle them. Particularly like the Seamew. Any issues building it I should be aware of?

I will answer a couple of questions here, the bases are 25mm insulation foam and the printed part are ones that I have on my PC, if anybody wants some of these just let me know and I can email them to you. The Seamew is a pretty easy build, there are quite a few air bubbles but a bit filler fixes those, both of the canopies in the kit were very thin at the sides and really fragile, as thin a s a plastic bag in places, I dipped them several times in klear but they are still very thin and were very difficult to glue, I was going to have them open but this was impossibble, if I had more time I would have filled one with putty to make a mould and plung moulded some myself, I have done this repeatedly with vacform canopies.