Well seeing as some have posted renders here already

Andrew March

Nice work Andrew - creative art is art however it comes into being. "One down - 3 to go" and "On the deck" are my favourites.

I'm a conventional acrylic on canvas type myself but use Blender freeware to create rough and ready 3D models to assist in composition work ups .

I agree with NeilF92 art is art whatever the medium. As a professional artist I use both traditional and digital mediums. The graphic art industry is pretty much digitally driven now and most artists use graphic/illustration software. They are no less an artist. It is just another medium to get an image onto a matrix, even as tattoing is I suppose.

For years now I have used graphics software to compose images for traditional paint and I've used pencil sketches to plan digital art. They are all strings to the bow.

I dont often use 3D software (I have used ZBrush quite a bit) but I do know that Andrew has had use composition, colour, light and shade, contrast and all of the many elements any other artist would have to in order to produce these stunning images.

To demonstrate that artists can be happy with both digital and traditional art, here are a couple of examples of mine. Please be clear I am not trying to hijack Andrew's post for some kind of self promotion. I know that there is a lot of prejudice against digitally produced art, especially among trad artists. (Some of this brought about by those that get a photograph and press the "make it a watercolour" button and call it art I'm sure). If your are an artist or just like to draw and you haven't tried Corel Paint or the later Photoshop's paint tools then have a go. Can you see what it is yet?

TRADITIONAL

tradartexamp_zps908eb5da.jpg

DIGITAL

digiartexamp_zpsd961e0c4.jpg

Excellent work and no I welcome other Art in my thread. I find that many artists are too scared to shoe thier work but for me the more the merrier.

Like I said I'm working on a few other projects and I will be sure to post them when I am finished.

Thanks again for the kind words.

That's artist for you, they always decry their own work. I lead the local art society show at the local pub one Sunday a month but it's like pulling teeth to get them to come and show. The main comment, is 'oh my work is't good enough', well it's not always quality that counts. We all started somewhere, didn't someone once, 'say art is a journey'? Well if so enjoy the ride!

Colin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...