1/32 Revell Mosquito

Hello guys. This is my first post on this forum for a wip so be easy on me on the comments hey?

I am building this kit on another forum for what is named the Call to Arms cancer fund.

You donate a certain amount to enter and the funds go to research to fight cancer.

Anyway, I chose this old kit as one of my entries and I thought I would share it with you. I must warn you that I do build sort of quickly so don't be alarmed.

Ok here goes.

IMG_1570_zpsbbb1147a.jpg

This is the starting pics and I will start clean up later this evening so Ill get going and hope that you will enjoy the build. :thumbsup2:

Hello all. I did some clean up on this bug and found that it is devfoid of any detail in the pit and any interior. That sor of makes me long for the 48 Tamiya kit or maybe if I become wealthy I can buy a place for the Airfix 24 scale one.

Any way, I got the pit assembled and installed with out too much fuss but I just didnt know what I should do to inhance the pit so I just stuffed it between the two halves. I promice Ill do a better job on the out side. I was plesantly surprised that the lack of gaps were minimal and the fuse went together with out a hitch. Tomorrow is filler day and Ill do some on the wings.

IMG_1575_zps56492cb7.jpg

IMG_1579_zps87c12de7.jpg

IMG_1581_zpsbc621e26.jpg

IMG_1584_zpsdfe9e491.jpg

I have some idea about the Mk IVBs camo and was wondering if there were any with the black undersides and the dark earth and dark green uppers. If any one would help me out I sure would be gratefull.

Thanks for looking in

Paul

Here's a references to an upperside green-earth and underside black Mossie:

http://www.cbrnp.com...2/mosquitos.htm

Hello Arnold, Thanks for that link. It really explains alot and now I can pait it the way I want.

I do have another question. would any one know how to make an effective prop-blur? I think this would go well on the bug.

Be interesting to see how this turns out. Not a bad kit, fuselage section shape is a bit off and the engine nacelles need a fair bit of work to reshape under wings. Of course cockpit and wheelwells etc need detailing as per most Revell kits of this vintage.

I have one of these in the loft and also a Paragon conversion to turn it into a FB XVIII and a Paragon cockpit set.

Andy

Many thanks for the welcome Metallicus,I think Ill enjoy being here. I am by no means a rivet counter so any issues or modifications wont be for the judgment. This is going to be OOB and the paint will be what looks to me as a fine scheme that Arnold has provided me. I do hope I do it justice though. There is going to be a Confederate Air Force show and ride here in Tulsa on the 10th of Nov. I hope Ill be able to bring this up to standards then, not many people here know anything about Bomber Command either so Ill be safe there, Since I don't know much either.

Cheers

This was the first Revell 32nd scale kit I built.

I absolutely love it!

It is a great model and does allow for some great Mosquitos to be built from it.

I have been piddling around today and got some more done on the Mossie, I am quite surprised that this kit is in pretty good fettle for its age. and the fit for and old Revell kit is pretty fair also.

Today was wings, LG, and clear bits... Landing gear looks ok so I gave it a coat of steel mixed with some nato black to give it a more realistic look.

IMG_1602_zps2d61ed3e.jpg

I also was pleasantly surprised on the fit of the engine panel so I cemented that in place as I choose not too display the engine.

IMG_1604_zps6df95a2d.jpg

I doubt that I will have to apply filler to that area but the wings were another sort all together. While not too bad a fit there are some gaps that will be taken care of with some plasticard and filler.

IMG_1608_zps03274715.jpg

IMG_1609_zpscf9292bf.jpg

All in all after I had the wings on she looks business. I think Ill will have it close to finish next week as soon as I get the ab working correctly again.IMG_1606_zps4a37bdd3.jpg

I would like to thank you fellows for the kind comments and support. I think I have my mojo back and maybe will be producing something of a burner later.

Cheers

Paul

Looking good so far Paul. I did this one back when I was 12. No detailing, no putty (didn't know about such things) and painted with a paintbrush (hairy stick to you English guys). One of my friends and I went through most of the Revell 32nd scale catalog back then. Think mine were mostly from European Theater and his were mostly the Pacific.

Paul, please consider a CO2 rig for your painting needs- Cheaper than a new compressor, quiet, no moving parts- check it out!

I would but the bottle is more than a compressor that I am getting....Free.... Not to meaning to be a horses bottom. I would love to start a rig like that.

Cheers

Paul

Not seen one of those for a while. I have the same kit, and made a start on installing the Paragon nose, cockpit, wheels and flap sets to upgrade it to somewhere near modern standards. The cockpit from the box is a bit of a dog, isn't it? There's not even a full floor... just two parts that sit across the fuselage halves like a pair of benches. Gruesome :S

Good luck with sorting your compressor out, and keep up the good work ;)

I finally got an air compressor,C&H 1 gal noisy as hell pancake compressor.

Anything in a pinch I think. Anyway, I sprayed some deep green on the Mossie just to see how much deper I need to get. Come to find out that it is almost the same shade as Vallejo Gunship Green. Well I an sure trying to get the dark earth and dark green uppers that I like and would like some opinion on this shade.

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

Cheers

Paul