737-600 engine question

Matcham11

Mjeloooo everybody! :D

I am about to order some resin goodies for my Revell 737-800. I got my self two of them, and one of the is gonna be converted into a -600 in SAS colours. But I do have a question.

The engines on the -600... Are they same shape as the -700,-800 and -900 series?

Thanks

Robin

as far as I know - yes

the engines on the earlier -300, -400 and -500 are different and the revell kit engines look like those earlier versions so replacements are needed for the RV -800

Hi Robin

The good news - the 600,700,800&900 series all have the same engine (as far as modelling it in 1/144 is concerned)

The bad news - the kit engines aren't quite right!

For corrections to the kit see here

If you're building a 600, and have 2 kits available, now's a good time to do a 900 as well. Cut both kits up and use the short bits for the 600 and the longer bits for the 900. If you've measured for the 600, you'll have to trim a bit of the long bits to get the correct 900 length. The advantage of this is only two joins per side as opposed to 4 if you insert bits of offcuts to get the 900 length. hope you can follow that!

Dave

Hey, thanks for the quick answers. I already knew that the engines/winglets are wrong in the Revell set. I was just wondering if it was the same case for the -600's.

@ Dave:

The other 737 is currently being built as we speak! I bought some fantastic decals of of Lima November decals for the 737-800 Norwegian airshuttle (LN-NOL). I live quite close to the owner, and visited him, so I bought the decals personally. Also, he gave me Braz models replacement winglets :) So they are on at the moment. But otherwise thanks for the suggestion though! :D

As far as it goes to corrections, I'm gonna be lazy and get some resin ones, but also, I think I would need quite a bit of practice to be able to do my own, and precise, corrections. But offcourse, practise helps! :P

Robin

If you're building a 600, and have 2 kits available, now's a good time to do a 900 as well. Cut both kits up and use the short bits for the 600 and the longer bits for the 900. If you've measured for the 600, you'll have to trim a bit of the long bits to get the correct 900 length. The advantage of this is only two joins per side as opposed to 4 if you insert bits of offcuts to get the 900 length. hope you can follow that!

Should you decide to do this, I have a step by step thread here showing exactly how it works.