Next kit from Coastal Craft

RogerP

Hello everyone from Oz,

Following on from their Vosper MTB in 1/72nd scale, Coastal Craft plan to release the British Power Boat Co. 71’6” MGB at the Telford Model Show next month. Again in 1/72nd scale the kit will be available in two versions one armed with the 2pdr Mk IIc for’ard and the other with the 2pdr Mk VIII. Also to be released will be the following:

Twin 20mm Oerlikon on Mk V powered mounting.

2pdr Mk IIc on Mk XV mounting.

2pdr Mk VII gun on Mk XVI powered mounting.

6pdr gun on a powered mounting.

Twin 20mm Oerlikon on a Bandstand mounting.

A pair of 18” torpedo tubes.

A Breda 20mm gun.

A twin Lewis gun set plus some other deck fittings.

To be released in 2013 are the following:

British Power Boat Co. 71’6” MTB.

Fairmile D MGB.

Thornycroft 55’ CMB.

There is no website at this stage and kits and accessories can be obtained by e-mailing –

[email protected] who will provide paypal details.

Now I find out! 7/8ths of the way through a scratchbuild of boat 355! Nobody tells me anything... :doh: However...An MGB? Wow!! A CMB? Wow and even a Dog Boat? Amazing. Well done! How about an HDML before I start scratching one of those... and gt a website up! I want to see them and as I live in Portugal on a pension flying to the UK to go to Telford is out....or you could PM me with a few piccies? Please? So I'll know what I'm going to blow next years modelling budget on....

Hi Guys,

'seadog': I only received the news myself a coupla days ago. If you are wanting to do a 1/72nd HDML may I suggest you check out "Coastal Forces in Paper" who does quite a range of coastal forces kits and being card models you can rescale them which is precisely what I'm doing to get models in 1/144th scale.

'Sgt.Squarehead': the photo I posted is one of the two they sent me, if you want more then shoot them an e-mail.

'mick b': the kits retail for 90GBP which equates to approx $US145 and $AU142.

Yes a tad expensive but I think they are worth it.

• 2 years later...

Hello again everybody,

I thought now is the right time to update/introduce you to the excellent range of 1/72nd scale models under the ‘Coastal Craft’ label. These kits are produced in the UK since 2013 and are available direct.

I have two (as yet unbuilt) kits, the Vosper ‘234’ boat and MGB 77 and I think they look very good indeed. Some might think they are expensive perhaps at around GBP95-100 (the Fairmile D GBP175), but I consider they are worth every penny. The kits have plenty of detail parts, both resin and brass etch. I suppose you could superdetail them if you wish, but isn’t that the same with any model kit you buy?

Available now.

MTB 234: with 20mm Oerlikon on foredeck.

MTB 81: with Breda 20mm on foredeck.

MGB 77/81: British Power Boat Co. 71’6” boat with a 2pdr Mk IIC.

MTB 466: as above but MTB version with a 6pdr foredeck.

MGB 673: A Fairmile D class MGB.

MGB 107/115: Same as MGB 77/81 but with a 2pdr Mk VII on Mk XVI mount.

MTB 476: Same as MGB 77/81 but with 6pdr on foredeck.

Instructions for the above kits are available to download from their website --- coastalcraftmodelsuk.com

The website also has details about the various extra items, guns etc which are available and the guns are mini kits in their own right.

Coastal Craft also stock the excellent figures produced by ‘Gunthwaite Miniatures’ in various forms of dress including oilskins, duffle coats and tropical dress.

There are other figures available from Milicast with three of their range suitable for MGB’s and MTB’s.

Future releases.

55’ CMB: a WW1 torpedo boat.

LRRC 007: The rescue version of the Fairmile D.

MTB : The torpedo version of the Fairmile D.

MGB 64: British Power Boat Co, early war 70’ boat.

Edited by RogerP

• 4 weeks later...