1/48 - AMD-BA/Dornier Alpha Jet 1B/E/A by Kinetic - released - new Art Scale decals

Homebee

The Kinetic's future 1/48th AMD-BA/Dornier Alpha Jet E first CAD drawing is here: :popcorn:

Source: http://s362974870.on...howtopic=255517

Hi Martin,

The Alpha Jet is coming.... (wow, it is great time for 1/48 modelers! We have 5-6 news kits from multiple manufacturers coming out these days!)

alpha.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Excellent! ^_^ It's one I've been wanting for a while now, but I was so disgusted with the old Heller kit that I gave it away. :lol: Must remember to tell Stringbag that there's one coming...

Excellent! ^_^ It's one I've been wanting for a while now, but I was so disgusted with the old Heller kit that I gave it away. :lol: Must remember to tell Stringbag that there's one coming...

Hi Boss,

You forget the beautiful PJ Production Alpha Jet resin kit.

http://www.britmodel...showtopic=42416

And let's hope they've the PJ kit on their desk, I mean as "inspiration source".

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Ah yes, but that is also quite pricey, as well as being lovely. Kinetic's offering is more likely to appeal to the "meagre of budget" amongst us :)

I've already got the PJ Alpha Jet which is great but I guess when I actually get to build one, it'll be a mixture of this kit and the PJ one.

As I've been flying this great little jet for 500 hours I really look forward to have a closer look at the Kinetic model.

Bill

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wonder if they will fill in the undercarrage bays?, you can see the intake trunking?

Shaun.

Stay relax. Most of the time they remain closed when the aircraft is on the ground and are just briefly open on landing and take off !

640px-Belgium_Air_Force_Dassault-Dornier

800px-alpha_jet_google.jpg

jas2630.jpg

Alpha-Jet_Portugal.JPG

V.P.

Someone do Patrouille de France 1986 markings please! That's when I saw them fly at the Abbotsford Air Show; been wanting to build a model of one ever since but the choices up to this point were bad (Heller), worse (ESCI), and expensive (PJ Productions)!

How come a fairly new company like Kinetic can bring out a new 1/48th jet that by the looks of it looks pretty accurate and well detailed............but a bigger company like Trumpeter brings out rubbish like their new Vampire?

Who knows, no one will ever know and if it's rubbish, just don't buy it. Is it out yet??

A Thai Alpha would be smart.

Stay relax. Most of the time they remain closed when the aircraft is on the ground and are just briefly open on landing and

V.P.

Thanks for the pics, but its quite common for them to be open on shut down. Why bother having them open on the kit with no bay detail?

Shaun.

How come a fairly new company like Kinetic can bring out a new 1/48th jet that by the looks of it looks pretty accurate and well detailed............but a bigger company like Trumpeter brings out rubbish like their new Vampire?

How do you know the Vampire will be rubbish? How do you know this Alpha Jet won't be rubbish? All you have to look at is a few CAD images and some test shots in both cases. Until you actually get the plastic in your hands and can measure them against a GOOD set of plans (and remember there are plans and there are plans out there) then it's pretty pointless to say either way.

How do you know the Vampire will be rubbish? How do you know this Alpha Jet won't be rubbish? All you have to look at is a few CAD images and some test shots in both cases. Until you actually get the plastic in your hands and can measure them against a GOOD set of plans (and remember there are plans and there are plans out there) then it's pretty pointless to say either way.

Look at the photos in the Trumpeter vampire thread. The detail doesn't look very good and one look at the photos of it and you can see the nose looks way off.