Natural metal areas applied with verious shades of Alclad 2.

The grey is Lifecolor UA-043 Grey FS16515. Lifecolor usually dries matt but this one has a very nice high-gloss finish. Perfect for applying decals.

016.jpg

And now things start to get interesting. :D

actually it's the bare metal going as far back as this that I was curious about - I had the impression that just the leading edges were bare metal

but I'm open to correction

actually it's the bare metal going as far back as this that I was curious about - I had the impression that just the leading edges were bare metal

but I'm open to correction

aha! You are correct. I did some very crude masking intending to overspray the area with red. You'll see at the weekend.

I did some very crude masking intending to overspray the area with red. You'll see at the weekend.

Like this...

017.jpg

018.jpg

Although it wasn't all plain sailing. I oversprayed with Xtracrylix XA1217 Red RLM 27. This was very transparent and didn't cover the underlying painbt as I expected. So I oversprayed it again with Gunze H327. That didn't have much body either.

Next thing was a coat of Alclad2 grey primer, which solved the problem. Final red overspray was the Xtracrylix XA1217 again.

And here it is with about half the stickers on.

019.jpg

Don't you just love that red, white and black!

Cliff

And their next Speedjack colour scheme.

I think BEA had two of the nicest c/s yet applied to any aircraft.

Looking nice - I read somewhere (but can't remember where...) that grey is a great primer for red.

Jeff

Edit - just remembered where I read about the grey primer - in a magazine article about a full scale restoration of a Ferrari 250 GTO in Octane magazine.

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

Erm... wot's goin' on?!?!? :hypnotised:

I have some white lettering decals which would have replaced the ones on the model. So I set to with some hot water and a paintbrush, fully expecting the decals on the model to disintegrate as I removed them.

Instead they simply floated off. In one piece!!! :yahoo:

So now I've swapped them around. Panic over... :coolio:

That sort of thing is unheard of in my modelling experience! Now I'm expecting the Carpet Monster to return all the parts he has nicked over the years. :D

Another sales point for Two Six Decals, eh!

Indeed. This is the second time that I have used Two Six Decals and I'm really rather impressed with them.

Another thing with this sheet is that although it is intended to produce one model only, if you are a little bit creative with some painting then you could get two models out of it - a standard BEA aircraft and a Malta Airlines aircraft.

Edited by Enzo Matrix

Finished! :yahoo: And, as usual, on the very last day of the GB. :D

Mind you, the carpet monster intervened at the very last moment. He took the starboard engine exhaust nozzle. :angry: So the photos are posed to avoid that area.

022_zps7d26fed8.jpg

023_zps1c15e287.jpg

026_zps6e33eb1b.jpg

024_zps06d6d699.jpg

025_zps3f3ed2ce.jpg

• Like 1