1/72 B-17 Saab Felix airliner, getting there at long last

cuprar

Hi all, this is going to be build number 5, can't show pics because I'm still waiting for the kit a and conversion to come. But here is a run down of the aircraft

During WWII a number of USAF B-17's made an emegrency landing in neutral Sweden. Swedish government negociated a deal with US to keep these aircrafts on loan. They were converted by SAAB into a civilian airliner version. All armament and turrents were removed, longer nose with luggage compartment was installed, cabin windows and seating were rearranged.

Edited by cuprar

Bob, Jim, Tom and..? I can't remember the names, but I believe one of them is preserved at the USAF museum (re-built back to a "regular" B-17) and painted as she came to Sweden as Shoo Shoo Shoo Baby. I will follow this build closely!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well with only 9 1/2 hours left with this gb I pulled the 17 out the hanger today to finish it off, so out came the micro set and sol and now the decals have been added, with wait a good to hours before I give her a cost of Klear. Then it's time to age her a bit and hope to get this finished in time.

3B21F8FE-B6D9-4A19-B3F1-D02EAF60DD08-28531-00001ED34CB22D6A.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Still a few hours to go. This is looking good, and I hope you will get it finished in time.

NIls

Thanks Nlls, not as good as yours! I put the reg on the tail and not on the fuse so the tail didn't look to plain

Edited by cuprar