MiG-19S Trumpeter 1/48

The Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-19 (NATO reporting name: "Farmer") is a Soviet second-generation, single-seat, twin jet-engined fighter aircraft. It was the first Soviet production aircraft capable of supersonic speeds in level flight.

The Avia S-105 is an Czechoslovak licenced built MiG-19S.

Model painted with Gunze Super Metallic paints. I added Eduard zoom PE and resin Quickboost air scopes.

MiG-19S001.jpg

MiG-19S002.jpg

MiG-19S003.jpg

MiG-19S004.jpg

MiG-19S007.jpg

MiG-19S012.jpg

MiG-19S009.jpg

MiG-19S008.jpg

MiG-19S013.jpg

MiG-19S021.jpg

MiG-19S014.jpg

MiG-19S018.jpg

MiG-19S022.jpg

Edited by Arkady72
  • Like 22

That looks quite stunning and great to see in a less common operator as well. Dare I ask if there was a flaw with the canopy when you added the cover?

Dare I ask if there was a flaw with the canopy when you added the cover?

It's true, there is small crack on the canopy and cover/rag was the only solution. :shithappens:

Another beauty! How's the kit to build?

Typical early Trumpeter with deep panel lines but everything fit together very well.

How did you find the Gunze paints compaired to Alclad Arkady

Colin, I've never used Alclad paints, only ModelMaster metalic paints and compared to them Gunze SM are much easier to paint, you don't need to polish it.

Biggest minus is high price of Gunze SM.

holy cow, dont think i' ve seen one better. the cover may be there to cover a crack but it also gives it that spark of individuality which adds to the final result. inspired.

may i ask if it is flat coated or anything.

Edited by noeyedears

Thanks Arkady, have used them for small painting jobs and found them very good on what I've done, seem to be tougher than Alclad when handling.

Only thing seem they evaporate more from the bottle than you use if the tops left off.

Haven't had the courage to do a nmf on anything yet, and seeing your results I don't think I'll try as thats a master class in how to paint.

Lovely... just lovely... particularly like the different metal shading down the spine - very similar to photos I've seen of the real thing. Looks like the decals went down very nicely, too...

I'm guessing you're not meant to be able to see through the vents from one side of the fuselage to the other, but that really is just nitpicking only!

may i ask if it is flat coated or anything.

It is 50/50 satin coat mixed with flat.

I'm guessing you're not meant to be able to see through the vents from one side of the fuselage to the other, but that really is just nitpicking only!

O yes, there is of course some engine devices in the real plane! I should take the picture in other angle to avoid this effect of emptiness.

Top job

I too am a big fan of Gunze metallics, they are expensive but it's a personal choice, the alternatives work it just comes down to what works for you !