Some of my renders

Chris W. Balmer

Beautiful work! Those look like some of Anders Lejczak's wonderful 3-D models. I have a few of his also, including Jan Zumbach's Mk.Vb. Like you, I find it hard to divide my time between computer modelling and plastic modelling. It's interesting to me how conceptually the two are similar; you have a bunch of geometric shapes that you try and put together and colour so it looks like the real aeroplane. And of course you call them the same thing - models. Keep up the great work, Chris, and please post some more of your art! By the way, which programmes are you using?

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang

Again, brilliant work Chris! Lightwave's a little out of my meagre price range; I use DAZ Studio 4.5 for figures and posing (and Anders' models work quite nicely in it), then use Bryce 7.1, a great little landscape programme, for the final rendering. I've actually done some aviation art that I should probably post on my website. I wish I had the patience to do a decent Il-2 3-D model; there are some Il-2 models out there, but they have the wrong camouflage. I suppose if I had the patience, I'd learn Photoshop (or Gimp, which I have - more in my price range as it's free!) and add my own textures. Besides trying to find time for my two hobbies, 3-D art and plastic modelling, I suffer from another problem - I have no patience! Looking back, maybe these aren't the best hobbies to have chosen for someone's who's impatient, but there you have it.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 1