F-100 Danish Sabre

Bri48

Hi Brian!

It is allways nice to see non Danish modellers do a Danish object. I think it is fair to say that you have done an excellent job here. The weathering job is very nice, the same goes for the decaling (which decals did you use?).

However Danish Huns never carried refuelling probes and on later ones (with F-102 afterburners) had some RWR pods attached on the wing tips. Danish Super Sabres were also equipped with a Martin Baker ejection seat in later years.

Cheers

Nicolai Plesberg

Looks a bit clean and tidy for a Danish F100! (only joking!)

As we all know the Green Finish applied to the Danish sabres faded to a rediculous degree, and this is a really good representation of that "scheme" (if you could call it that!)

Selwyn

@ Nicolai.....Hi Nicolai, thanks for that information and thanks for commenting.

Re the decals, they were from the spares box and I don't think they are any particular squadron, I just like the look of Danish 'Super Dogs' and 'Starfighters' so couldn't resist putting one together. Also I read an article many years ago when 4 visited Coltishall in the 70s, exchanging with no 6 Squadron Jaguars and the pictures of these machines were stunning....dirty is an understatement! Again thanks for the comments I may get around some day with the mods, but for now it will rest on the shelf.

@ Selwyn.....Hi Selwyn, thanks for the comment and I did toy with the idea of making it dirtier but I bottled out. You are right of course some of these machines like the Turkish Sabres were massively dirty.

Thanks

Brian.

Edited by Bri48

@ oldhouse, Gerry, Russ C, Mireson, Matcham11, Jimbuna, kpc7676, crobinsonh, and lar74,

Thank you all for you kind comments........Happy Modelling......Brian.

Ps Matchman11, Danish "Sabres" and "Starfighters" are some of the best around regards weathering of colour schemes....a treat to view!

Hi Brian!

If you are interested in building more Danish subjects I can highly recommend this book:

Nordic Air Power #vol. 1

Royal Danish Air Force

ISBN 978-87-993688-0-8

It can be bought at any specialized book store or directly at Nordic Air Power:

www.nordicairpower.com

They also have books on the Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish Air Forces.

Cheers

Nicolai