new 1/48 kittyhawk Jaguar

song

Guest squezzer

I don't know if someone can pass the info but the shape of the canopy seems to be off, just like onthe Airfix/Heller one (not round enough and the windshield is too wide at the base)

The nose seems a little odds too, but it may be because of the angle of the picture (too thin and too short)

I know it is quite early for the critics. They aim to highlight points that the designer of the kit should take care of before it is too late to correct.

It's gonne be hard to wait for that one!!!!! :wow: :wow: :wow:

• Like 1

I don't know if someone can pass the info but the shape of the canopy seems to be off, just like onthe Airfix/Heller one (not round enough and the windshield is too wide at the base)

The nose seems a little odds too, but it may be because of the angle of the picture (too thin and too short)

Julius Caesar, they're only computer images so far, let's wait until the kit's out before broadsiding it.

Yes: 1/48th injected kits of the Saab J21 & J21R and Saab 105/Sk.60 :winkgrin:

V.P.

It seems the SAAB 105 will be available in a few months in 1/48 from Pilot Replicas, a new US based company. http://www.cybermodeler.com/news/pilot_replicas.shtml

What's more, they also mention a new Mirage III/V/Kfir series.

Ohh, happy days!! :-)

• Like 1

I'll reserve judgement till I see it in the flesh. From the computer image there are apparant errors, but until I get my hands on the plastic.........

If you think there may be issues why not PM kagnew71 and highlight your concerns, surely it would be better to try and resolve any issues now rather than when the kit is all boxed up?

Oh my Goodness !!!! 1/48 Scimitar Oh My Goodness

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

All hail Kittyhawk

Yaaaaay

Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!

woooooppeeeeeeeee

:frantic:

Hang on a minute

Thats two no threee Scimitars aaaaaaaand all the rest of the new stuff

Alright who wants to buy a large collection of pre loved plastic models ?????

may as well sell up and buy the new stuff at this rate !!!!!!!

Julius Caesar, they're only computer images so far, let's wait until the kit's out before broadsiding it.

The computer images don't just "happen". They are renderings of the CAD model that will be used to create the mould tools, and if they are not corrected, then that is what the kit will be like. The numerous renderings of the Seafang/Spiteful promted a lot of comments and improvements, and it seems that a lot of them were ignored. I hope the comments that these renderings trigger will be acted upon - at the very least checked out in case the callouts are caused by the method of perspective which can make renderings look funny.

Could be good but let's see! I however will persevere with the Airfix kit as it took me ages to find one at the right price, so I may as well build it. I am intrigued by future KittyHawk releases though...

And who was the lunatic that said the hobby was/is dead ??!!!!!

That old chestnut gets trotted out all the time, despite all evidence to the contrary. I'm convinced that we are living in a Golden Age.

Guest squezzer

I fully understand that, but, if you notice some problems, it is now that the designer has to be warned of them. I do not state that the drawings are at the last standard and I hope he is still in the process of refining them but if there is a chance to improve the design, it is in the early stages.

By the way, there was no chaff dispenser under the belly of the french Jags, the front edge of the AS30 missile pylon was cut (not pointy), the missile was hung under the right wing and its weight was balanced by a 1200 liters gas bag fitted under the left wing (if a french laser guided bomb was fitted, it was under the left wing and the gas bag under the right wing)... :winkgrin:

Edited by squezzer