SB2C-4E Helldiver (Revell 1/48)

Hi friends,

I'd like to introduce my new project which I have started few months ago....don't have too much time to work on it so the progress is quite slow, mainly to the addition of PE parts. I will use Eduards PE for exterior, interior, landing flaps, bomb bay and colored zoom sheet for the instruments. Also a few resin parts like engine, wheels, air scoops and exhausts.....going to make one of my favourite color schemes from the post-war helldiver service in atlantic two tone gray/white scheme. Hope you gonna like it and looking forward to you comments :)

Cheers Ludek

DSCF0637.jpg

DSCF0638.jpg

Now something from the progress I did so far....added rivets on wing surface with Dousek rivet wheel 0.75mm

DSCF2561.jpg

DSCF2565.jpg

Original wheel bays removed and replaced by Aires resin parts

DSCF2564.jpg

DSCF2570.jpg

DSCF2569.jpg

and plastic parts prepared to house PE replacement....

DSCF2227.jpg

DSCF2227detail.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Helldiver has fond memories from being a kid - one of the few models (sadly only in 1/72) that I threw together that came out looking OK! and with the folding wings it was great.

The PE set for this makes it look wonderful.

Shall be following progress - if only for the nostalgia trip! :)

TFB

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Looks great with all that brass in, fantastic job!

A word of warning if you don't already know - When I built this kit I read somewhere that the starboard will fit snugly to the wing root on the fuselage, but with more dihedral than the port wing.

Despite knowing this, mine still did it and had wings of unequal dihedral until I corrected it. Check yours when the tiime comes, it seems to have been a common problem.

Cheers

John

Hi all,

some of the progress after a while, cockpit painted but need to rework pilot seat. The way I did it is not correct as the sides of seat are not full plates but only a round bars...this is a long track runner and will take some to finish it. Also working on another kits in the meantime so works on helldiver are not my priority for the moment.

OMG - How do you do your PE.. it looks so good. Mine always turns out a big mess! what tools/ glue do you use? What is the process? I would love to get my stuff looking like yours... awesome!

There's no special process in it really...I'm using Loctite gel cyano which is easy to work with. Always trying to use only a few drops so it doesn't mess up areas around the joint. Thats all.

Now the pics of painte cockpit (I still have to rework pilot seat and add scratches etc.)

1_zpsefa6797c.jpg

2_zps4c5e2d4e.jpg

3_zps2f724067.jpg

4_zps396e8fec.jpg

5_zps9d455537.jpg

6_zps422c2c8d.jpg

7_zps19c1b41a.jpg

8_zps803133d4.jpg

9_zps55746a15.jpg

10_zps300f36c9.jpg

• Like 1