GB Chat

AnonymousDFB1

But remember that Eastern kits are also s*** moulded kits but will look nice once you put a tub of car body filler to it!

The kids grow, so does EE. Their latest 1:144 releases, including Il-18, are way better than their older kits to the extent that I will prefer EE Il-18 to RusAir. Not Zvezda or Revell (yet) but good kits worth their money.

Edited by Pin

The kids grow, so does EE. Their latest 1:144 releases, including Il-18, are way better than their older kits to the extent that I will prefer EE Il-18 to RusAir. Not Zvezda or Revell (yet) but good kits worth their money.

Thanks, ill look out for one

Andy, you can never go wrong with an airliner! So many different decals to choose from!

Well, it turns out I can go wrong with an airliner. I started off full of enthusiasm and was having a great time, but I haven't touched either build in almost two months until tonight. I think I possibly bit of more than I could chew with the number of new tools and techniques involved, all of which I managed to make a shambles of at one point or another. There seems to have been an unprecedented amount of real life going on recently too, which is bad for modelling time.

The Aviogenex Tu-134 has some decals on but needs touch ups and some scratch painting where I've managed to split, fold and otherwise butcher them. Then I need to have another go at getting Vallejo acrylic to cover Halford spray gloss. and actually finish gluing everything together. It will be done and it will appear in RFI, because those first decals rekindled the fire, and I'm starting to enjoy it again but there's no chance I can finish it in the next 45 minutes.

The Tu-154 is sitting unloved in the 'spray booth'. As the test bed for my first attempts with rattle cans it's a mess and at this point I'm not sure I can be bothered trying to fix it. I'll wait until the other one is done and see how I feel.

So, great expectations but an epic fail. Not chuffed :badmood:

Andy

I'm sure you will sort them out Andy!

WELL THAT'S ALL FOLKS. It's been a great GB and some wonderful builds, I'm just sorry I couldn't finish all mine but they will get done. I'd like to say a Big thank you to Michelle, Antony and everybody else that made this GB work. Thanks again people.

Right lets try and get this poll thingy up and going.