New MiG-29 Fulcrum 1/48 from Great Wall Hobby

Robert

Over on ARC Yufei (Haneto) has mentioned of a new series of MiG-29 that will be announced next month.

Robert

Edited by Robert

Here are the Yufei "Haneto" Mao words.

Source: http://s362974870.on...&gopid=2416119

Good news indeed! :thumbsup:

I hope 2013 will also see the release of the Mi-24P. Damn, Zvezda's getting a lot of my money these days. And will probably continue to do so...

And a 1/72 Fulcrum family after the 1/72 Flanker family, pretty please!?! :pray:

They should, I mean any company should do a modern Fulcrum kit. We've waited for too long. I'm sure this will be the definitive one.

Your dream will come true next month, while in another popular scale. ;)

Yufei

"Another popular scale" might be the 1/48th as the original post from "ChernayaAkula" is about 1/72nd kits.

Considering the fact that M. Yufei Mao is from Shangai, this new MiG-29 kit might be from a chinese source.

To be followed.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 2 weeks later...

You can change the title. The mysterious company is Great Wall Hobby and the scale is 1/48th.

Source: http://www.hyperscal...previewbg_1.htm

Great Wall Hobby has sent an image of the box art plus CAD drawings from their next all-new aircraft model kit - a 1/48 scale MiG-29 9-12 Late Version

mig29a48previewbg_1.jpg

And http://www.britmodel...topic=234926656

Hi guys!

Being silent for quite a while here after marriage and now it's time to start a new topic.

And this is what we have been busy with since early this year, as many of you may have informed, a totally new tooled Fulcrum kit.

It's the longest and most complicated project for the maker, and all staff have made so much for it.

They all deserve the highest respect, as far as I know.

It was me, who suggested this project to the CEO of GWH, and after a long time researching/drawing/tons of correction,

finally it has turn out a real touchable kit from just computer graphics, thanks to the hightech molding skills nowadays.

And I'd especially sincerely appreciate my Russian friend, Mr. Alexander Drannikov a.k.a. "Skylark" for his great help during kit development.

Thank you so much, Alex.

It cannot be so close to good without your strict check again and again.

No more trust to CAD files after being some hard long waiting by some teaser company?

Me too! :woot.gif:

So let me show you some pictures of the very FIRST test shot of the kit.

And please remember, these are only test shot sprues and more adjustment and details will be added in the next days.

So if there're gaps or short injection on the parts, don't get too serious. They'll all be fixed when arriving in your hands. :rolleyes:

Just like most serious modellers, the accuracy is alaways the most important to a model kit.

And that's also what we have made biggest effort during development.

Yes, it's far from perfect, but at least to me, it looks like a Fulcrum enough, isn't it? :thumbsup:

Here I give you some outline shots of the assembled kit.

01_zps82ca988e.jpg

02_zps62c17a82.jpg

03_zps0abb669a.jpg

04_zps32ad2622.jpg

Close shots of the front fuselage.

To me, the nose area is the "face" of an aircraft and windshield/canopy is the "eyes" of it.

So they are so important that if those things got ruined, the whole model is meaningless indeed.

Check out our Fulcrum! :coolio:

06_zps50f6170b.jpg

05_zps1fec39e7.jpg

07_zpsd0eff0a0.jpg

08_zps17101be9.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 3 weeks later...

Are Great Wall Hobby and Lion Roar one and th same ?.....reason I ask is that the latter are showing the forthcoming release of a '9-13' over on HLJ.COM.......good to get confirmation

Tiger331

Are Great Wall Hobby and Lion Roar one and th same ?.....reason I ask is that the latter are showing the forthcoming release of a '9-13' over on HLJ.COM.......good to get confirmation

Tiger331

Lionroar are GWH, yes :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...