Dewoitine D.510 1/72

Misterfriend

I'm going to be doing the SMER boxing of the old Heller Dewoitine D.510. I was thinking of doing the Matchbox Boeing P.12E have in the stash but after just completing a SE5a in 1/72 I am suffering from rigging blindness! If I get this done quick enough I may try and get the Boeing done too.

The kit came with some extra decals for a Turkish bird but I think I'm going to do the French marking with the running reaper on the side. No need to choose just yet as they are both the same colour scheme!

Going to mainly building OOB, just with a bit of detailing on the cockpit.

dewo.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I little bit of progress. Finished the interior, including two new instrument panels. Zipped her up so most of that hard work isn't visible!

I replaced the exhaust pipes with stretched cotton bud tubes cut to size and I've added two pipes(?) to the underside. Not sure exactly what these are but they are on the real plane just not on the model. On to the paint job, and yes Cliff, I'm doing the Reaper!

Also broke off the top radio mast, I do hate it when they are molded to one of the fuselage halves rather than something you add later as I always break them off!

Cheers

Segan

dewo6.jpg

dewo7.jpg

dewo8.jpg

dewo9.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I've been a bit busy and not been able to do much modeling but here is the latest progress pic. I ended up painting the rudder stripes as the decal was a poor fit and started to disintegrate after a bit too much pushing it around.

dewo10.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well I finally finished! Managed to drag out what should have been a nice quick build for well over 2 months!! Life sometimes has a annoying habit of getting in the way of model building.

I replaced the gun barrels but that was about it I think.

cheers

Segan

dewo11.jpg

dewo12.jpg

dewo13.jpg

• Like 1