Tornado Scale Drawings

twentyten

This book contains an excellent set of 1/48 scale plans which were accurately measured based on the real aircraft and proved the jet to be longer than even the Panavia website quoted!

Yes, it focuses on the IDS/ECR but the GR.4 is based on the same basic airframe.

Cheers,

Andy

• 1 month later...

This book contains an excellent set of 1/48 scale plans which were accurately measured based on the real aircraft and proved the jet to be longer than even the Panavia website quoted!

Yes, it focuses on the IDS/ECR but the GR.4 is based on the same basic airframe.

Cheers,

Andy

I bought that book a couple of weeks ago, £25!! i thought BL***y H**l!!

What a book!

The detail blows all other books on the Tornado out of the water. I'd recommend it

Mike

So what is the best one to get for the ADV/F3 variant then? I have a few to build but know nothing about them.

This book is quite good for the F3, but there is no detail shots. :banghead:

The book mentioned above would be useful, as there is little difference from the intakes backwards, apart from the belly, the extension below the fin , the lack of outer pylons, the extended wing glove, the fuselage extension behind the Cockpit and the fin top.

(OK thats quite a few differences, but you know what I mean!!)

A web search will probably highlight the other differences.

Also there is the HT book on the Tornado, but again, that concentrates on the IDS/GR variant.

Mike

So what is the best one to get for the ADV/F3 variant then? I have a few to build but know nothing about them.

The 25 years of the F3 book is another very useful book as are these :

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/0752459368

Aeroguide 21 - http://ebookee.org/A...ADV_343419.html

Also click on the logo below for a bit of info :D

Andy

Wait a short while and you might just find something turning up on the market that fits the bill :whistle: