1/48 Spitfire Mk 1 (Watts prop) 19 Squadron 1939 +FINISHED+

JMChladek

Well, I got the Spitfire done early this morning. Most of my pictures have been uploaded to the Gallery, but here are a few I left for the thread. Overall, while there are a couple things I can still tweak, I am still pretty happy with how this model turned out. Funny enough, while I've collected a few Spitfire kits over the years, this is the first 1/48 Spitfire I've actually finished and I felt it was fitting to do the first variant to reach production. Also, its my first Britmodeller GB entry which I've managed to finish.

As for bits I added since a couple days ago, they include a gunsight bead for the nose and the flash suppressors for the guns. I also painted the navigation lights as well. Next time I do one of these though, I think I'll replace the upper rear fuselage light just behind the antenna with a polished clear piece of sprue as silver paint just doesn't look quite right. Only things I may yet do to the model include some radiator weathering and trying to deal with some pesky silvering to parts of a stencil line decal I had to replace on the right wing. There are also a couple minor little touchups I can make here and there. But I want to work on something else for awhile.

In any event... Cheers!

spitfincockpit2.jpg

spitfin1.jpg

spitfin4.jpg

spitfinbttm1.jpg

spitfincockpit1.jpg