International Lonestar resin daycab conversion

richellis

International Lonestar Daycab conversion

1:25 Resin conversion

zoo%20050.JPG

The International Lonestar truck is available with the big long distance sleeper cab in injection plastic from Moebius, and now the same plastic can be found in a Revell box. I did a full review of the Moebius kit here

Now a company in the USA has made a resin day cab conversion for this truck, this conversion consists of a resin one piece cab.

zoo%20051.JPG

The main parts of the cab are cast off the kit parts so the level of detail is very good. There is some minor pitting on the resin but a bit of filler and sanding will have it sorted. There are 2 moulding tabs across the wind shield that will need careful removal, but the gates are thin so with care shouldn’t cause any issues.

zoo%20052.JPG

zoo%20053.JPG

The rear wall and roof of the cab are the part that will cause you some problems with this conversion as the big sleeper and roof mounted air kit is moulded as one. The new roof and back wall have very nice detail, and copy the pressings on the real truck.

Conclusion

This is a very nice resin conversion for the Lonestar truck. The need to modify the kit parts and the lack of instructions means I wouldn’t recommend this to a novice modeller but the casting is very good and it is a very well detailed part and I can’t wait to build it!

Sample courtesy of my wallet!

Visit Models by Dave and drop him an e-mail for more details and mention Britmodeller please!

• 4 weeks later...

I have made a start on a build using this cab. It is going very well. You need to take care when chopping the kit interior parts, but mesure, mesure agin before cutting and you will be fine! I have used filler to fill the small bubbles in the surface of the casting and these can be seen on the shots below.

builds.23-9%20007.JPG

builds.23-9%20012.JPG

builds.23-9%20015.JPG

The next 2 pics show the modified interior parts, the tub ready to slot into the shell, and the floor with the new rear cab mount locations.

builds.23-9%20008.JPG

builds.23-9%20013.JPG

Once in place the dsah sits just right!

builds.23-9%20014.JPG

The cab and hood fit together very very well!

builds.23-9%20006.JPG

builds.23-9%20015.JPG