1/48 - IAI Kfir C.2/C.7 by AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) - released - new upgraded tooling kit released

Homebee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just put my hands on mine.

I'm quite happy with the kit, crispy engraved panel lines, resealable bags, nice decals but the IP is poor. I hope Eduard or another aftermarket company come to rescue us.

I've heard AMK will release whole Kfirs family... maybe I will get a Kfir CE.

Edited by LT Motta

• 1 month later...

Any further news on comparisons with the Kinetic version? http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=260790&view=findpost&p=2523257 dosen't seem to be live anymore.

By the way having a senior moment what is the IP please?

Cheers

Chris

The ARC forums has been dead for one or two weeks now :( The topic you are probably probably refering to was dead before that: Aigore rediscovered the computer RPG "Baldur's Gate".

• 2 years later...

Just to let you guys know that we will be upgrading the 1/48 Kfir kit as well and making all the tool changes necessary after all this feedback.

No time or date for that just yet but, as you know, we like to get it as near to perfect as we can.
Pinched waist has already been updated, canopy changes etc. Should make it the definitive Kfir in 1/48 once the 1/72 is done.
I will keep you updated.
  • Like 5

• 1 year later...

Link: https://www.facebook.com/avantgardemodelkits/posts/870490996449062

Two announcements in one.
Following on from the success of the 1/72 Kfir release, we decided to release the bigger cousin 1/48 Kfir but with some massive changes. New Tool fuselage with the “Coke-Bottle” shape, new weapons and added extras and decals.
Check the module system of the Bullwinkle pod 1f642.png:)

There’s an Easter egg in here too. Lets see who find it first.

Due to be released to distributors later this month.

22289974_870490259782469_520503037431881

V.P.
Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

"New Tool fuselage with the “Coke-Bottle” shape, "

Could someone explain, was something wrong with the first release or just simply new tool but no significant change?

37 minutes ago, baldwin8 said:

"New Tool fuselage with the “Coke-Bottle” shape, "

Could someone explain, was something wrong with the first release or just simply new tool but no significant change?

In the 1st release, they did not depict the Whitcomb area rule, sort of aerodynamic pinch, in the middle of the fuselage, something that Kinetic did a bit better on their kit.

Nice to see that AMK upgrades its girst, ylread  exceptional kit! So... will buy another one!

I'd like to see a radar equipped Ecuadorian C10 one as well .... now with Derby missiles  also!!

• Like 1

That’s my model using the original release kit 88001. This is not the latest release 88001-A version with the corrected parts.

It was built as a concept vehicle to see what people thought.

From feedback we wanted to update the accuracy and add some new decals and weapons so we did.

Decals were created by may mate Juan Alonso-Perez and printed by Uschi Van Der Rosten. Thanks guys for helping me prove the concept.

• Like 2