Fairey Flycatcher, 1/48 Pyro - FINISHED

Doug Rogers

Hi Richard,

Yes I had some of the kit pushrods missing too, which was what prompted me to do my own in the end. Landing gear looks OK, guess I'll find out shortly, difficult to tell as it's so convoluted!

Got a feeling my transfers are going to be troublesome too, think I'll paint the rudder and part paint the roundels depending on how they behave.

Be good if Lindbergh did re-release it, don't see many built on the net.

Thanks for looking!

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys! Yes it does look a bit odd, like someones taken a section out, and fitted it together again...badly!

OK so got the top wing on and done the double wires on the starboard wing;

001-33.jpg

On nights for the next few days, so more on Tuesday next week.

Thanks guys, they do pop up if not frequently, fairly regularly on e-bay. Been impressed with the fit of the parts overall and the fabric effect is quite nice. The undercarriage set up is quite a challenge though...

Thanks guys!

The rigging is some of Bobs Buckles, some 0.5mm brass tubing cut into lengths and half pound fishing line. Takes a few days for my eyes to adjust again afterwards, after spending a couple of days with magnifying glasses and two pairs of tweezers though!

• 2 months later...

Yo Carl! Yes, wondered where you were.

There's a Floatplane/ Seaplane build looming in April if you're interested.

I will be looking in with keen anticipation. I have been sidetracked for a few months building & finishing a couple of models that I started over 30 years ago. The 1/72nd Matchbox WW2 corvette, & a 1/48th scale halftrack workshop conversion. I figure that being now over 81 years young, if I wanted to do them, I had better get with it. Everything else is on hold. Carl T

Doug, during the time frame of this group build I was working on my Esoteric 1/72nd T4M-1 in the work-in-progress aircraft section,. I also built 6 1/72nd Revell P-26s, 2 1/72nd Matchbox P-12Es, & 1 Mongram 1/72nd F4B-4 converted back to a-3. The last 9 are all painted & waiting to be decalled & rigged. Besides that I have 3 Heller SBC-4s & a-3 conversion half built & a Hasegawa 1/72nd SOC-3 for which I plan to scratchbuild a catapult to mount it on.I would have had a good size batch of models for this group build if I only had known about it. :bangin: I will be finishing them after I finish mt corvette ship model. Carl T