GB Chat

AnonymousDFB1

Agreed Andy, there's certainly going to be a wide range of different aircraft types represented by the look of it. I've been doing quite a bit of research on my de Havilland Dominie build but the book that I really need by John F Hamlin is so scarce that even my local library haven't been able to find a copy for me! (though there's one for £80.00 on Amazon!)

Max

Wow Trevor...those Shrikes would be great but what tricky builds they are, especially the A-12! I keep trying to get a Flivver myself of eBay but keep missing out. Look forward to whatever you choose. In the same vein...

My '30's civil roster!

001.jpg

002.jpg

And finally some other possibilities!

003.jpg

This GB is going to be fun ........ :yahoo:

Must admit the A12 is top of the pile followed by the Flivver .......I am sure I have seen a photo somewhere of the Fliver and Spirit of St Louis next to each other at an airfield ??? or am I going nuts ..!

Regards Trevor ...:D

Wow! What a lot of colourful aircraft.

Ian - Yes, a He51 would be fine. Someone does a He51 floatplane in 1/48 don't they, think it's Special Hobby, must get that one one day.

Trevor - Got to love that Flivver. Not familiar with Williams kits, they look great.

Hoping someone will do a Geebee racer and a Travel Air Mystery Ship.

Cheers, I think there is a float version, which does look nice. But seeing as this will be my first ever bi-plane (not counting an Airfix Roland I built when I was about 12), the two wings will be complex enough!

Hi, is it ok that I join this GB with a civil Dragon Rapide ?

ps. I like that there is no poll, all are winners !

"we won't be having a poll to decide which is best etc, as in our eyes we'll all be winners"

Interesting GB to start with - some eclectic choices coming out here! Having said that, the time period the GB covers is generous and there are tons of worthy candidates :yahoo:

• 3 months later...

Not long to go now guys, the boat sails at midnight on Saturday.

I've not been around much TBH, partly by design because I know you all had passion and enthusiasm for the GB so didn't need prodding and poking by me, but also partly because life got in the way as usual, so apologies for that.

Been some great builds, the gallery looks like my idea of a dream museum. :thumbsup2:

Indeed, the gambit of subjects got rather nicely covered in this one. We've had airliners, a float plane, plenty of biplanes, a collection of military aircraft (some well known, others not so much), an influential engine, civilian aviation subjects and even a trio of subjects that hinted at who major aviation players might be when hostilities once again broke out. The large number of builds that have been finished is also pretty nice. It has certainly given me some inspiration for subjects I might try next time.

Edited by JMChladek