Boeing 727-100 'Pan Am'

This is the old Airfix 727 'Lufthansa' boxing from the 70's that has been a long term stash lurker. Seeing the TwoSix decal sheet for the Pan Am scheme prompted me to build it.

This is a real trip down 'memory lane' for me, I remember these things being all over the place at Tempelhof (Berlin) in the late 60's/ early 70's along with BEA Viscounts and 1-11's, Happy days!

I didn't do too much to the kit, only removed the incorrect wing fence from the trailing edge and reinstalled on on the leading edge of each wing. I also rescribed the wing, and replaced the nose gear doors.

The TwoSix decals are superb as usual, beautifully designed with flawless application. Top notch stuff.

I used to like the names on these 727's they were German and a bit weird, like 'Clipper Flotte Motte' or 'Clipper Knorke'.

I chose 'Clipper Luftikus'. Here she is, hope you like her;

Panam1.jpg

Panam2.jpg

Panam3.jpg

Panam4.jpg

Panam5.jpg

Panam6.jpg

Panam7.jpg

Cheers

John

• Like 1

One doesn't see 727-100s built all that often since both the Airfix and Revell kits of the short body 727 are long OOP (maybe Revell of Germany could be convinced to do one more run of theirs in the classic Revell kit line). But you did an impressive looking job with this one IMHO.

"I chose 'Clipper Luftikus'.

Please tell me you made that up.

Chris.

Thank you folks.

And Chris, nope it's the real name. I googled it and apparently it means 'Daydreamer' or 'Airhead' or something like that. So it probably fits me.....

Cheers

John

very sweet - I have some pics of PA 727-100's and none looked in as good a condition as this one :)

great build